Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 4 Nov 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Using laundry after check-out?

We are currently stuck in Orlando with no clean clothes left after DD1 has come down with something that may or may not be flu. Everywhere is packed due to race weekend and we've ended up in a hotel that doesn't have any laundry facilities. We specifically didn't do any washing because DD2 has allergies to some washing powders.

Does anyone know if we would be able to get access to a DVC laundry room to get some clothes washed? We've just had 12 nights at VGF and most of the reception staff know us because it's such a small hotel.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Its worth asking at reception. I think you need your magic band to get in the laundry room but if you have your membership card and explain the situation they are likely to help.

Edited at 12:14 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I would take Bevs advise, you are going to have to depend on their "goodwill" as you are no longer a guest & in theory no longer entitled to use a resort facilities. Might be worth going to the DVC centre at SSR, if that's closer.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The other thing you could do is just go to one of non DVC the resorts and pay to use the laundry facilities.

disneyworld.disney.go/en...ndry-services/

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the advice . I’ll give front desk a call with our sob story and see if they can help. Otherwise heading to somewhere like OKW and paying sounds like a good idea if we can get away with that.
Old 4 Nov 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Okw is DVC so free laundry but possibly not accessible. I don’t know if the laundry rooms are locked elsewhere but any of the moderates or values have pay laundry facilities.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Okw is DVC so free laundry but possibly not accessible. I don’t know if the laundry rooms are locked elsewhere but any of the moderates or values have pay laundry facilities.
I realised that after I posted. We’re not far from POR here so that may be an option. I tried VGF but they said that we had to be staying there, I guess because of the keycard access. Front desk said yes but the guy in charge of facilities said no . I can’t believe this place doesn’t have laundry facilities!
Old 4 Nov 17, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mobile

Hi. I’m at the Congress Park Pool at SSR. If you can gain access to the resort I can get you into the laundry room

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. I’m at the Congress Park Pool at SSR. If you can gain access to the resort I can get you into the laundry room
That’s really kind of you, thank you. We need to get some food and a quick trip to Walgreens for some sensitive powder. She was really groggy all morning so haven’t had a chance to eat!
Can I message you once we’re done to see if you’re still around?
Old 4 Nov 17, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
That’s really kind of you, thank you. We need to get some food and a quick trip to Walgreens for some sensitive powder. She was really groggy all morning so haven’t had a chance to eat!
Can I message you once we’re done to see if you’re still around?
No problems. We are at the pool until 3.30. Then Publix sadly!
I will keep checking this post

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List