Notices

Old 11 Apr 17, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Over the Hill and Sailing Away March 2017 Day 10 Legoland Texas Roadhouse

This morning we set the alarm so we could be up early enough to get to Legoland and take advantage of our annual passes and get in one hour early. We left the house at 8.30. Actually seems madness now after our packed weekend but this was our last day of our annual pass and the kids said they wanted to go so off we went.

We arrived at 9.25 so we had half and hour extra magic hours or whatever Legoland call it. We headed straight to the Ninjago area as this was new and could probably get busy later. The area itself seemed squished into a very small space but the models were nice.

We seemed to be the only ones here and we walked straight into the new ride and might have been the first ones to ride that morning. It's a shooting game but you work it with the movement of your hands probably over a sensor of some sort. I seemed to be the only one who could get the hang of it. Everyone else was complaining that nothing was happening for them while I was racking up the the points.

Of course because I was actually good at this everyone else thought it was rubbish. The guy at the end asked if we wanted to stay on and it was a resounding no. They all had sore hands and arms trying to make it work! Spoil sports.

We went on the other shooting game next, the Mummy themed one, then the kids went on this water ride. There were no queues or waits at anything. Everyone except Murray went on the car rollercoaster ride.

Derek had fun trying to soak the kids in this ride.

I think I have this exact same picture from last year.

This is Katie and I for the second time.

We went to the imagination station next and spent quite a long time building models and racing cars.

After this we decided we needed something to eat, we had just had a quick snack for breakfast in the villa before leaving. Legoland didn't seem to have anything open at 10.30 however, we walked all the way from the back to the front of the park before having to go into the restaurant there and ended up having two kids chicken nugget meals at 11am, strange breakfast indeed! as at this point we thought we would just have another snack then head out at lunch to a restaurant outside Legoland.

Some photos taken on the way to the front of the park.

After our weird brunch we rode the lego friends horse ride and we convinced Murray to go on, her screamed like a big girl but said he enjoyed it when he got off.

Then the kids favourite ride, lego Chima. The adults sat it out and let the kids get soaked.

Derek had good fun soaking them and everyone else that went past.

They wee absolutely wringing wet so then they decided to get even wetter by using the water guns and getting blasted back.

I had to get a wet cuddle after.

So after Chima the kids were so soaked through the idea of taking them to an air conditioned restaurant outside Legoland was probably not the best. I really don't know what I was thinking not bringing a change of clothes, I blame it on still being in a daze after the cruise. I took Katie to the bathroom to try and use the hand dryer a bit but it was no use. So we admitted defeat and went to Castle Burger, the scene last year of incredible frustration and losing the will to live awaiting a very simple order for what seemed like an eternity. Alas this visit was no different, they haven't sorted this out at all, I guess the only difference this year was that Derek was the one in the queue rather than me. It did give the kids a nice long wait in the sun helping them dry off a bit.

After a burger lunch, which were actually really good(they should be as they seem to be cooked fresh rather than be ready to serve hence the massive wait), we said we would get an ice cream from the firs station so we went to the back of the park and the kids went on Flying school first.

The kids got to go at the front so they seemed chuffed.

Then we went to the Fire station and had sundaes. These were lovely!

We then headed home after a final shot on the Lego friends ride.

Safe to say this is definitely our last visit to Legoland here, we got our money's worth out of the annual pass, in total three visits had cost us £17. I had upgraded 14 day passes last year for no extra money and had the passes as part of a sea world package of which I worked out the Legoland part was basically £17. The kids enjoy the park but for their favourite rides which are basically Chima and Lego friends it won't be worth travelling there again and buying tickets. Watch this I might be eating my words as I've just seen when I checked my report for the price of the tickets that I said I would never eat at castle burger again and yet we did!

So we went to Aldi on the way back and look what I found, my favourite prosecco we buy at home! I was delighted. The only other thing we bought were huge cinnamon buns for breakfast but the prosecco itself was worth the visit.

We were home for 3ish and hit the pool. After an enjoyable few hours we got ready for dinner. It was a bit later than we would normally head out as it took a while to drag ourselves from the poolside. We drove slowly past a few of our usual favourite places but the crowds of people hanging about outside made it look like we were in for a big wait. We were going to end up at Panda Express but thought we would give Texas Roadhouse a try, it didn't look that busy outside. It was actually heaving inside but they said 20minute wait so we were happy with that.

We were seated quicker than 20minutes just enough time to admire the meat.

Katie was a little uncomfortable with the fact that peanuts were given to every table and if you want to you can throw the shells on the floor. It was mostly because her best friend Anna has a nut allergy so she was very concerned about anyone with an allergy turning up unawares of the set up here. She asked me several times throughout the night how they can get away with this and how they were discriminating against allergic people, she was quite put out. I actually didn't have an answer for her. Anna is coming to Florida with her family in the summer so I just told Katie to warn her to avoid Texas Roadhouse at all costs!

She cheered up a bit when a lady with balloons made her a turtle. It's name is Tommy.

The meal here was great and we would definitely visit again ( if I can convince Katie). Murray had kids steak.

Derek had a half roast chicken

Katie had chicken tenders.

I had the filet medallions salad. This was delicious and a very generous portion of meat.

We were full so no desserts and we headed home for an early(ish) night.

Tomorrow shopping, pool
And Bahama Breeze dinner.

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 05:04 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by closeder - 11 Apr 17 5:04 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

An empty Legoland looks great. We like Texas Roadhouse, we've been a couple of times.
Old 11 Apr 17, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Another great day. Texas roadhouse looks delicious. I think that will be going on our list for one of the offsite days. Enjoy rest of trip.
Old 11 Apr 17, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day at a quiet Legoland we always enjoy Texas Roadhouse. You should tell Katie to warn her friend that they have peanuts at Logan's too

Joan
Old 11 Apr 17, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Legoland looks empty in the photos Nice park, we got it free one year, wouldn't pay for tickets unless it was like yourself and they were a really cheap add on.
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Loving the photo of your husband on the ride! Looks like a quiet park, and your childrens faces say it all. Very happy. Dinner does look good, we havent been, there are also nuts at five guys, seems to be a trend...

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Great day at the park, lovely when it's quiet . Shame about the slow lunch but sounds good when it arrived.
That peanut thing... They stop giving them out on aircraft but then you have restaurants with them all over the floor. Contrasts huh ! It's nice Katie is so concerned for her friend.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

You definitely got value for money with the Legoland AP!

I had the same discussion re peanuts with my daughter Katie when we went to watch Orlando City play football. She noticed the family behind us dropping their shells on the floor and as our friends daughter has a severe nut allergy, Katie kept asking why they did it.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
An empty Legoland looks great. We like Texas Roadhouse, we've been a couple of times.
No plans to go back to Legoland but will definitely return the Texas Roadhouse
Originally Posted by Mental Minnie View Post
Another great day. Texas roadhouse looks delicious. I think that will be going on our list for one of the offsite days. Enjoy rest of trip.
Its great, I'd recommend it.
Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good day at a quiet Legoland we always enjoy Texas Roadhouse. You should tell Katie to warn her friend that they have peanuts at Logan's too

Joan
Ah I'll put that on the not to do list for Anna too!
Originally Posted by codym View Post
Legoland looks empty in the photos Nice park, we got it free one year, wouldn't pay for tickets unless it was like yourself and they were a really cheap add on.
I agree.

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List