Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Feb 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mushu2018
I have Ears

Mobile Pool heating

Hi there - I’ve just found out from Love Rentals who now manage Virgin Villas that it would cost $42.00 a day to heat our pool - thats $588 for 2 weeks, which sounds extortionate to me. We arrive 29th October for 2 weeks and at these prices it looks like the pool won’t get used much.
How cold will it be, anyone had experience of using a villa pool that time of year ? Or has anyone paid less to get their pool heated with Virgin direct ? And us this really the cost ? Thanks in advance
Mushu2018 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

You will need pool heat in October, and that price is about the going rate. But to have a villa and not use the pool because it's too cold would be a shame, so you'll have to pay it I'm afraid
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

$588 for two weeks is absolutely scandalous, almost double what we're paying for our pool heat, to the owner direct 😱😱

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
$588 for two weeks is absolutely scandalous, almost double what we're paying for our pool heat, to the owner direct 😱😱
Same here - that amount is outrageous... are you sure it's not the figure for the two weeks. I'm not paying that for just over three weeks!
Old 12 Feb 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
bolton
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We charge £90 pw at our home for pool heat and yes it will be needed at that time if year. I can asure you the home owner will not be paid anywhere near that amount this is how these places make their cash and why we dont use them
bolton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
That price is outrageous, but that's pretty standard when booking a villa through an agent, rather than booking direct with an owner. The agent in the UK, plus the villa agent in the US will take a large cut of that price before passing on what's left to the owner who pays the bills and I can assure you, the owner will see only a very small percentage of what you pay.

Had you chosen to book direct with the owner, you would be paying around half the sum quoted but unfortunately, if you want to make any use of the pool at the time of year you are going, you will absolutely need it heated.

Debra

Edited at 11:27 AM.
Tetrarch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mushu2018
I have Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
This is what we thought
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mushu2018
I have Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
Same here - that amount is outrageous... are you sure it's not the figure for the two weeks. I'm not paying that for just over three weeks!
Yes - was quoted $42 a day and we are there for 14 nights
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mushu2018
I have Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by bolton View Post
We charge £90 pw at our home for pool heat and yes it will be needed at that time if year. I can asure you the home owner will not be paid anywhere near that amount this is how these places make their cash and why we dont use them
$90 a week is acceptable to us - I can’t shake the feeling they are trying to rip us off !
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
PerksP
Imagineer

The villa owner won't get that money and it certainly doesn't cost the company much to switch it on - they probably have it all automated so is just part of the booking process.

It is scandalous and I also consider in mis-selling as a pool heat charge should be what it costs to heat a pool plus, possibly, a small admin fee.

That is not a small admin fee!
PerksP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List