Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Sep 12, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

So glad I read this, I was going to go for airbrush but may have normal make up now, I have very dry skin. I hope they can cover up my freckles too though!

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 12, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Some background info

My name is Laura and I'm 26 and my fiancé is called Matt and he is 25. We got engaged last May in Florida in Magic Kingdom, in front of the castle

I am a huge Disney fan. Last year was my fourth trip to WDW. I have also been to Disney in California once and DLP four times. Last year was matt's first trip to Disney. We went for just over two weeks with my parents and stayed at the Buena Vista Palace and Spa near downtown.

Matt’s parents don't believe in fantasy so he had never experienced anything like Disney before. He barely watched any Disney films when growing up so I was worried that he wouldn't get into the spirit of Disney and get lost in the magic but he loved it
I am slowly replacing my Disney videos with DVDs and Matt has been watching them all with me and he gets so caught up in the music that he is humming the songs afterwards (sorry Matt if you are reading this hehe)

I have always loved the thought of getting married in Disney. I remember the first time we went on the monorail when I was 8 and I saw someone getting married at the wedding pavilion. I had always talked about the wedding pavilion to Matt and I made sure he was sat on the monorail so he could get a good look when we went past.
Matt wanted something small and intimate that was different to everyone else so Disney ticked all those boxes.

My parents encouraged us to have an engagement party and I'm so glad we did as we had such a blast. We made sure we only invited friends and the people we truly wanted there. We had to put our foot down with Matt’s dad who wanted his 2nd cousin twice removed or whoever to come who matt had never met! It confirmed to us that we were doing the right thing getting married abroad.

Matt’s parents have never been to America and aren’t too enthusiastic about going so planning has been a bit stressful up til now.

My parents on the other hand are the complete opposite and are so excited! My mum has her outfit sorted already and they have their flights all booked.

So that brings me back to wedding details - We are getting married on 22 May 2013 at 12 pm at the Wedding Pavilion with a reception and meal in the Key West room in the GF. We are then going to Magic Kingdom to watch the fireworks and parade and go on Thunder Mountain (Matt’s fav ride).
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 12, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Hayley&Gareth View Post
Well thats interesting! I have very dry skin and never wear makeup and they never told me that
Well you looked amazing Hayley

Originally Posted by SnowWhiteGsy View Post
Thanks that's a great help!
No problem, glad I can help! I woudl get your dress and suit steamed the day before so you know they are all ready, will you be seeing each other the night before?

We got engaged last May too in WDW!

Look forward to reading more of your plans, glad you have supportive family, I like you am so glad we are having a destination wedding with the family problems we have already had. Cannot wait to go now! xxx
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 12, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lady emz View Post
I have just booked regular make up, as a guide when I asked Beaute they told me:

As for airbrush, it is really a personal preference. We recommend airbrush if your skin is very oily, you have some acne scarring from the past you liked covered up, if you like your freckles covered completely, and if you are used to wearing heavier makeup on a daily basis.

We do not recommend the airbrush if you never wear makeup, use mineral makeup, if have more mature skin or have very dry skin, or if you like that fresh dewy look. We spray a makeup sealer with both so it makes your makeup last all day it makes it waterproof and sweatproof.

Hope that helps? As I only wear a tinted moisturiser, mascara and some blusher normally she suggested normal make up for me. Glad you got your date and Randy! I cannot wait to work with him next month
Arghh I mwish I had known that, I hate my freckles and would have loved them completely covered.
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 12, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lady emz View Post
Well you looked amazing Hayley

No problem, glad I can help! I woudl get your dress and suit steamed the day before so you know they are all ready, will you be seeing each other the night before?

We got engaged last May too in WDW!

Look forward to reading more of your plans, glad you have supportive family, I like you am so glad we are having a destination wedding with the family problems we have already had. Cannot wait to go now! xxx
No we won't be seeing each other the night before. I am going out for a meal with my maid of honour and my parents. Matt is going to stay with his brother I think.
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 12, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Wedding party

There are going to be eight people at the wedding including myself and Matt. The other six guests are -

My parents
They have been to Disney one extra time to me. They went to California the year before they took me. They both love Disney. Dad loves all the rides. They are both big kids!

Matt's parents
As I mentioned before they are not very enthusiastic about the whole thing. They have a weird fear of America (mostly his mum) which they cant explain and the reason changes every week. They are not staying for very long and wont be visiting any of the disney parks apart from MK on our wedding day to watch the fireworks.

Maid of Honour
This role is being undertaken by my friend from uni, Karen. We both went to Southampton uni and did most of our courses together. I only see her a couple of times a year now

Best Man
This role is being undertaken by Adam, Matt's younger brother. He has just started a job as a PE teacher and has had to ask for special permission to come to florida as it is during school time.
Old 27 Sep 12, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Maybe his parents will surprise you when they are there you never know. My Dad was fine about the wedding being in the USA but I didn't think he'd like WDW but he loved it.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 12, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post

I wish they would give Disney a chance as it would be lovely to show them around and get them involved in the magic of Disney. They may be very pleasantly surprised and find they worried needlessly but unfortunately they are only staying a couple of days so not much chance of them getting caught up in the atmosphere which seems such a shame and an awful long way to travel considering the cost.

I truly hope that when they walk up Main Street to watch the fireworks after the reception with their son and new daughter in law who will be wearing their Mickey and Minnie wedding ears and they see all the happy children with their parents, siblings, aunts, uncles and grandparents they realise that there is magic and how wonderful it is to be a part of it on their son's wedding day - there is no place like Disney for magic and long may it continue.

I can hardly wait for May 22nd 2013 to come around as I am so excited:-)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 12, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chilly80 View Post
Maybe his parents will surprise you when they are there you never know. My Dad was fine about the wedding being in the USA but I didn't think he'd like WDW but he loved it.
I want them to surprise us. Who cant fall in love with disney!

What parks did your dad go to and enjoy?
Old 27 Sep 12, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Some of the plans so far

Matt and I are flying to Gatwick with my parents on Wed 15th May and staying in gatwick over night. (The downside of living on an island) We are then all flying out to Florida on the thurs in premium economy

Matt and I are staying at Port Orleans Riverside for four nights and then moving onto the Buena Vista Palace and Spa for 16 nights. My parents are staying at the Buena Vista.

Matt's parents are looking to come over late on the sunday and stay at the Wyndham which is next to the Buena Vista. Adam is unsure whether he will fly with them or not and he too wil stay at the Wyndham. All will leave lunchtime thurs. Karen is also not sure when she is coming over (maybe mon/tues) and may stay at the Wyndham as she stayed there with her family before.

I have booked Beaute Speciale to do my hair and make up and have a trial run with them on the sunday. (thanks for the recommendations and advice )

I have also booked Randy Chapman as my photographer. He emailed me back so quickly and his emails are so friendly. I cant wait to meet him and work with him!

I chose my wedding dress at the end of April. It was meant to take six months but it arrived at the start of August I cant give details as Matt reads this.

We have also chosen the suits for Matt, Adam and my dad, just need to find ties. Matt and I are going to Manchester in Oct so hopefully we can find something there.
Closed Thread