Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jun 18, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Mobile

We loved the Ergo and the toddler Boba, but toddler Tulas are lovely too. Second going to a sling library as they’re all so different and comfort depends on build.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Agree, we loved the ergo too!
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’ve heard great things about the toddler Tulas!
Old 7 Jun 18, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by MurrayBear View Post
Hi,

Quick question for those that have both a standard connecta and a solar.

We are going to Florida mid September for 2 weeks. My wee man will be 8 months and I intend to take my connecta. I've been thinking about a solar but struggling to justify the cost when I love my current connecta design and the solar would really just be for the holiday.

Are the solars Def worth it? Could we manage at that time of year with a regular connecta? We will have a buggy so will just use the connecta through airport, queues and parades/fireworks or if little man gets unsettled.

I've been keeping an eye out for a secondhand one but they always seem quite expensive.

Thanks!
Personally I prefer the solar in the heat. I really like that they dry so quickly too - it means you can leave them under the buggy in heavy rain without worrying .

Have you been using your standard connecta over the last few weeks? It's not Florida heat but should at least give you an idea of whether you'd be comfortable.

They at least used to hold their value. Not sure if that has changed since they closed down. I'd probably go with an Integra because they're shiny and new .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thankyou everyone! I'll definitely look into a sling library, if they are comfy in it now will they remain comfy in it as they grow? As obviously they'll grow a lot between now and then but want to get used to carrying them a while before the holiday!
Old 11 Jun 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MurrayBear
Getting Excited

Mobile

Hi, how long is it until you go?

As with kids there are no guarantees! They may decide they don't like it at any moment!

I carried my first DS a lot and he loved it. It was only about 2 that he started to say no and squirm to get out. Saying that he's also refusing the buggy and wants to walk everywhere. I still think if we were out and he was very tired he would sleep if we put him in the sling though.

It will become less comfortable as they get older. More weight and strength to wriggle around does make it harder but it is still much easier than carrying them in your arms. It's much nicer popping them on your back in the carrier than having to hold them..

Let us know how you get on at the sling library.
MurrayBear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MurrayBear
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
Personally I prefer the solar in the heat. I really like that they dry so quickly too - it means you can leave them under the buggy in heavy rain without worrying .

Have you been using your standard connecta over the last few weeks? It's not Florida heat but should at least give you an idea of whether you'd be comfortable.

They at least used to hold their value. Not sure if that has changed since they closed down. I'd probably go with an Integra because they're shiny and new .
Hi,

Yes I've been using the connecta for the little one who is 5 months. I haven't found it too bad in the heat. He did get a bit of a heat rash on the side of his face where he had fallen asleep against my chest.

I think I will look at getting a new solar. Looking on eBay they do seem to hold their value and I'll use it a lot. Would rather get one than be standing in Florida wishng I had a lighter carrier.

Problem now is I've had a look on the connecta integra website and oh my, they have some lovely new designs! Given how much I carry it's essentially part of my outfit, yes?! So after having the same one for 2 years it's fully reasonable to get another no?! Its no different to my husband having two coats, that's what I'm saying to him anyway...

Edited at 09:19 PM.
MurrayBear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sazza22
Getting Excited

Mobile

I used a standard (toddler) connecta but only in the evenings for my eldest. The solar was fantastic and I used it back home in the U.K. too. I think they fold up a bit smaller than the standards too.
Guess it depends if you plan to carry your lo for extended amounts of time, if so then see if you can pick up a fairly cheap solar. I bought mine second hand for £55 then sold it for £50!
sazza22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MurrayBear
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by sazza22 View Post
I used a standard (toddler) connecta but only in the evenings for my eldest. The solar was fantastic and I used it back home in the U.K. too. I think they fold up a bit smaller than the standards too.
Guess it depends if you plan to carry your lo for extended amounts of time, if so then see if you can pick up a fairly cheap solar. I bought mine second hand for £55 then sold it for £50!
Hi,

Yes I think I will be carrying the youngest a lot so have decided to get a solar. If this weather keeps up may also be useful here.

I've been watching a few on eBay and for ones in good condition they are going for £50 - £55. I can get a new one for £65 so going to treat myself. Hoping the resale value continues to hold as I might have a collection to sell at this rate!
Old 12 Jun 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by MurrayBear View Post
Hi, how long is it until you go?

As with kids there are no guarantees! They may decide they don't like it at any moment!

I carried my first DS a lot and he loved it. It was only about 2 that he started to say no and squirm to get out. Saying that he's also refusing the buggy and wants to walk everywhere. I still think if we were out and he was very tired he would sleep if we put him in the sling though.

It will become less comfortable as they get older. More weight and strength to wriggle around does make it harder but it is still much easier than carrying them in your arms. It's much nicer popping them on your back in the carrier than having to hold them..

Let us know how you get on at the sling library.
We're not going until next August. The little one is only 4 weeks old at the moment! But he loves his moby sling so when I buy a carrier would rather buy one we can use out there too and similarly my 20 month old has outgrown the carrier we were using for her so looking to buy one now for her as we have Merlin passes so rely on the carriers a lot for them to sleep in on the go!

I really like the sound of the solar connectas will have to keep my eye out for any being sold