Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Aug 19, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
The DDP and QSDP provide the same amount of meal and snack credits. It is just that the DDP provides a TS and a QS instead of two QS.

The TS meal may include a dessert at lunch or dinner, but the meal itself will generally be much smaller than a QS meal so balances out. We don't usually take the dessert anyway, so for us probably QS plan would be more food than we require. Heat makes no difference to our appetites whatsoever.
With no exceptions the TS meals (not including dessert) I had last year were a lot larger than the QS meals I had. That's why I gave up on them in the end.

Edited at 07:07 AM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I think whether the heat affects your appetite is an individual thing. We can often walk 20,000 steps in a day so I find I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner as normal. Besides, I don’t find TS portions any bigger than QS, often they’re smaller.
I think it depends on what restaurants you go to. The portions of the ones I went to were all larger than than my QS ones.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I think it depends on what restaurants you go to. The portions of the ones I went to were all larger than than my QS ones.
Yes more than likely. My point was that whether one dining plan or another is best is a totally subjective thing. And to be honest, portion size is irrelevant when it comes to upgrading the plan. Either you want to eat at TS restaurants or you don’t really care. Someone asks a simple question about upgrading dining plans and before you know it there are several posts on why you don’t need to based on individual experiences of what they like.
We’ve always done DDP and this year will be the first time on QSDP. By the time I come home I’ll have an opinion on which one is right for us, not which one is right for everyone.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

TS meals are a big part of our WDW holiday plus we like to know we can book an ADR for the places we want to eat at so for us that's the main reason we would have the DDP instead of the QS plan. Not that we have had either before and this will an new interesting experience for us having it this time.
Old 26 Aug 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

For me, upgrading from the free QSDP to DDP is a no brainer. For the upgrade cost £17/day, that means you can have a great table service dinner and pay only the tip, even if you order lobster or fillet steak that are typically worth $50. I've had some fantastic meals in great restaurants that I would not be able to pay out of pocket.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes more than likely. My point was that whether one dining plan or another is best is a totally subjective thing. And to be honest, portion size is irrelevant when it comes to upgrading the plan. Either you want to eat at TS restaurants or you don’t really care. Someone asks a simple question about upgrading dining plans and before you know it there are several posts on why you don’t need to based on individual experiences of what they like.
We’ve always done DDP and this year will be the first time on QSDP. By the time I come home I’ll have an opinion on which one is right for us, not which one is right for everyone.
I thought the whole point of asking questions on Forums was to get different opinions? Of course it is subjective, I don't think anyone is disputing that, however it would be a rather dull world (and forum) if everyone had the same opinion, the trouble is people are so sure that they are right they seem offended by differing points of view!
OP please accept my sincere apologies for attempting to tell you my views, I shall hang my head in shame!
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ozzyowl1 View Post
I thought the whole point of asking questions on Forums was to get different opinions? Of course it is subjective, I don't think anyone is disputing that, however it would be a rather dull world (and forum) if everyone had the same opinion, the trouble is people are so sure that they are right they seem offended by differing points of view!
OP please accept my sincere apologies for attempting to tell you my views, I shall hang my head in shame!
The OP was asking about what they could have off the menu at TS restaurants.

These threads always end up with statements that DDP is too much food, ADRs are restrictive and the heat affects your appetite. I’m not offended by people thinking that, I’m offended by people telling other people they should think that. I’ve lost count of the number of posts that start with “you will” rather than “I find”.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarey101
Proud to wear my Ears

We've been three times. Had DDP the first two, which was great for us at that time as the boys were only little and really enjoyed the Character meals. We had some lovely meals, but the boys are quite fussy so there wasn't always something for everyone.
Last time we had QSDP. This worked better for us now, as they're older (teenagers), and they aren't interested in character meals. If we didn't all want to eat at one place, we didn't. There are lots of really good quick service options. Also, we weren't hanging around waiting to eat at a time I thought would be ideal months before. Next year we are going with the QSDP again.

Edited at 07:52 PM.
Clarey101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We like the DDP as I love eating out and I love fillet steak. We would never have been able to afford some of the meals we had the DDP if we did not have DDP. We used more signature restaurants though which are two credits, so had a nice mix of restaurant and quick service over the holiday.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 03:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ozzyowl1 View Post
Well the question asked on this thread was whether there were some items they could not choose from the menu.

But people will reply about “too much food” and how the heat effects their appetite. And a couple of people counter for balance, this doesn’t mean that offence has been taken.

Edited at 03:09 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List