Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jun 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Well done and thats a much better location, you will be able to walk to the parks, which when you go you will seen the difference

Also there is an ART bus so at night if you don't feel like walking, you can get the bus.
Thank you for the advice. How long do you reckon it will take to walk?

Still can’t believe I thought I’d paid more and committed to the other Courtyard by mistake.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
Thank you for the advice. How long do you reckon it will take to walk?

Still can’t believe I thought I’d paid more and committed to the other Courtyard by mistake.
Well I've read in trip reports that Howard Johnsons is about 20 minutes, which is opposite your hotel.

You will be fine in the morning, but by the time you leave the bus might be tempting, especially as you have to walk by the bus stops to leave Disney property
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

UPDATES

Some small updates

Some people on another forum have done some digging and discovered some of the work web developers are doing on the Disneyland website.

It looks like there will be 3 different sections for the reservations, depending on the tpe of park ticket you have.

AP Holders
Onsite Hotel Guests
Single and Multiday tickets.

It looks like there could be timed entry tickets, which solves the problem of the rope drop crazyness and other busy times of the day. A timed entry would spread out people better and allow for social distancing on the esplanade and bag check.

None of this is official,
just people discovering things but it gives an idea of what Disney is thinking.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

UPDATES

Some small updates

Some people on another forum have done some digging and discovered some of the work web developers are doing on the Disneyland website.

It looks like there will be 3 different sections for the reservations, depending on the tpe of park ticket you have.

AP Holders
Onsite Hotel Guests
Single and Multiday tickets.

It looks like there could be timed entry tickets, which solves the problem of the rope drop crazyness and other busy times of the day. A timed entry would spread out people better and allow for social distancing on the esplanade and bag check.

None of this is official,
just people discovering things but it gives an idea of what Disney is thinking.
Hmm, interesting, and it makes sense... I know you don't know the answers to this, but my thoughts/questions on this are, how will that work for rides like RotR. Does that mean that the people who are lucky enough to get an early entry time are the only ones who will get on it, and if you get a later entry time it was just bad luck?

And also, will there be a timed departure time, which means you wouldn't get a full day at the park?
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
Hmm, interesting, and it makes sense... I know you don't know the answers to this, but my thoughts/questions on this are, how will that work for rides like RotR. Does that mean that the people who are lucky enough to get an early entry time are the only ones who will get on it, and if you get a later entry time it was just bad luck?

And also, will there be a timed departure time, which means you wouldn't get a full day at the park?
They did timed arrival for the reservation period of Galaxys edge in May 2019 and it was very efficient.

I can't see how a departure time would work, unless they give wristbands like they did for Galaxys Edge Reservation period. That was a 4 hour timed reservation. They changed the colours of the wristbands every 4 hours. So the 10am people got red wristbands, the 2pm people got blue wristbands, etc etc. You had to show your wristband to a CM at the ride entrance and at the shops and food places. If you were there longer than 4 hours and your wristband was the wrong colour for that time period you were not allowed on Smugglers run or in the food places etc.

I would say that there would be boarding groups for ROTR allocated for each timed reservation period. So that like it was before the shutdown, as soon as you scanned into the park, the ROTR boarding group selection opened up for you on the Ap. It is likely then, that you could only get one ROTR boarding group in a day, to stop those already in the park gaming the system and getting multiples when each new window opens.

Disney are very big on making sure that your experience is the same all the time. They assume everyone is first time guest so they would make sure that if they did timed park reservations that people with afternoon timed entry would get the same experience as the early morning people.

The timed entrance is already at Shanghai Disneyland I think, so its possible they will just use the same system at California.
Old 16 Jun 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

I know everything is still up in the air, but wonder if there will be any provision for a partial refund of tickets?
We have a 5 days multi park ticket but if we can't get reservations to enter the park for the 5 days we have there, then I'd be wanting some kind of refund because as an international visitor we can't just try another day!
Whatever they do, there'll be unhappy people - they can't win!
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

They did timed arrival for the reservation period of Galaxys edge in May 2019 and it was very efficient.

I can't see how a departure time would work, unless they give wristbands like they did for Galaxys Edge Reservation period. That was a 4 hour timed reservation. They changed the colours of the wristbands every 4 hours. So the 10am people got red wristbands, the 2pm people got blue wristbands, etc etc. You had to show your wristband to a CM at the ride entrance and at the shops and food places. If you were there longer than 4 hours and your wristband was the wrong colour for that time period you were not allowed on Smugglers run or in the food places etc.

I would say that there would be boarding groups for ROTR allocated for each timed reservation period. So that like it was before the shutdown, as soon as you scanned into the park, the ROTR boarding group selection opened up for you on the Ap. It is likely then, that you could only get one ROTR boarding group in a day, to stop those already in the park gaming the system and getting multiples when each new window opens.
Hopefully they do something like this then to give everyone an equal chance of getting a boarding group. We have been really wanting to go on it and have tried our best to avoid spoiling it for ourselves when watching YouTube videos.

I wonder how much longer we're going to be waiting until we can start making reservations, it's no that far away really until opening day!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
I know everything is still up in the air, but wonder if there will be any provision for a partial refund of tickets?
We have a 5 days multi park ticket but if we can't get reservations to enter the park for the 5 days we have there, then I'd be wanting some kind of refund because as an international visitor we can't just try another day!
Whatever they do, there'll be unhappy people - they can't win!
I doubt that they will give refunds but I have heard rumours that the reservation system for the 2 to 5 day tickets will allow you to get reservations for all your park days.

It could also be a case that there is no park hopping and that the Main Park and California Adventures are treated as separate. In that case you would get a refund, you would probably have to go to the ticket kiosk in the esplanade to sort that.

So in theory you might only be able to get 4 days at California Adventures and 1 day in the Main Park .
Old 16 Jun 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

UPDATE ABOUT RESERVATION SYSTEM AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

On the Walt Disney World Website, people with Annual Passes can now select which pass they have and it then opens up to a calendar to select days.

People are reporting that the mos furthest out date to select reservations is June 2021.

I am also seeing rumors , again from Walt Disney World that 3rd party tickets may have low priority for accessing the reservation system
Old 16 Jun 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

UPDATE ABOUT RESERVATION SYSTEM AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

On the Walt Disney World Website, people with Annual Passes can now select which pass they have and it then opens up to a calendar to select days.

People are reporting that the mos furthest out date to select reservations is June 2021.

I am also seeing rumors , again from Walt Disney World that 3rd party tickets may have low priority for accessing the reservation system
Can I check where you read that? Was it the other forum you go on? I need to keep an eye out for WDW too as we’re due to go there directly after California!