Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Jul 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My 2 daughters in law wanted us to renew ours this year for our Ruby anniversary, but nah, it's not for me, lucky we never listened to them as it would have all went ****up anyway.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

My husband and I did after 10 years, just us two and our two children, who obviously were not at our first wedding.

We did it on the top deck at Fultons (now paddlefish) we then went back for a swim at Caribbean beach resort, in full hair and make up ! Then topped of the day with a fireworks cruise from contemporary.

We had a photo session at down town Disney ( I know I know).

It was just a really nice day to celebrate our family in our fave place, for just us.

We met young 15/17 so it’s nice to relive those moments and of course a new dress.

Our original wedding pics (2005) are very dated now and our 2015 oneS are 👌👌.

I intend to to the same in 2025, I am thinking little boat in Italy 👌👌 just the two of us and dress number 3!

Don’t see any harm in celebrating a long happy relationship.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I wouldn't do it - I meant it the first time. When my grandparents had their ruby wedding anniversary they asked the whole family to go with them to the church where they were married ( it fell on a Sunday). The minister invited them to come forward to the alter and did a prayer of thanksgiving. Theirs had been the first wedding in the church at the end of the second world war so it meant a lot to them to be thankful that they had survived the war, been happily married for 40 years and were able to go back and celebrate that with their family. It wasn't a big "do" though. Everybody was normally dressed for church, they paid for extra church flowers to go to the sick parishioners and the family had a nice lunch in a hotel afterwards.
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
A very good point, so you clearly aren't a narcissist because it would be their dream to renew their wedding vows weekly just to get the attention
🤣🙈 whoops didn’t mean it like that! 🤣🤣🤣
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Although I loved my wedding and we had the day we wanted we both agree that the vows were the important part of the day- for me your wedding vows are made once so we’ve never been tempted to to renew.
Each to their own though
Old 31 Jul 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
I will be honest and say that as soon as anyone says to me about a marriage/vow renewal I do judge (wrongly in some cases) and immediately think one of them needs a reminder.

Cant imagine why I would need renew my vows regardless of the situation or celebration at the first wedding, the vows remain unchanged - perhaps I'm too old fashioned but I would celebrate an anniversary as we do, but the first time I said my vows was the most important time.
Agree with all of this.

We celebrated 28 years of marriage in June and the vows I made back in 1992 still stand today, they didn’t expire.

We’ve had some hard times, lots of good times, and I don’t feel the need to renew something that didn’t have an end date.

Also, like you, I always think the reason people do it is because of infidelity and the need to start over.
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

when we married, I wanted a WDW wedding but hubby wanted to wed in the UK for his family so I said I'd like to renew our vows for my 40th B'day in WDW and we did! I got the whole shabang - wedding pavilion, Cinderella's carriage, Mickey and Minnie at the cake cutting and I felt like a princess, really amazing and I also got 2 new wedding dresses (one for the ceremony and one for the photo's in front of the castle at 6am! ) and they lived happily ever after
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Not for us thank you. However I have no views about others who choose to do this ceremony. If they wish to then good luck to them.

It was bad enough being called a Leper by the Catholic Priest 37 years ago to have to go through that again.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by mick View Post
On the few occasions that I actually walk round Tesco I put a sign on my back saying - "CAUTION I sometimes stop suddenly for no apparent reason."

Mick
I had you down as a waitrose kind of guy Mick

Edited at 11:19 PM.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
when we married, I wanted a WDW wedding but hubby wanted to wed in the UK for his family so I said I'd like to renew our vows for my 40th B'day in WDW and we did! I got the whole shabang - wedding pavilion, Cinderella's carriage, Mickey and Minnie at the cake cutting and I felt like a princess, really amazing and I also got 2 new wedding dresses (one for the ceremony and one for the photo's in front of the castle at 6am! ) and they lived happily ever after
I'd love to see photos please!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List