Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Apr 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

AP rate universal hotels

Has anyone booked universal hotels in advance. Then when AP rate become available change booking to get lower price? Is it possible to do so? Really want to secure the room type in advance.

Also I know AP rate may not be available for the whole duration, is it possible to take advantage of AP rate on what ever night is avail n pay full rate on the rest?

TIA
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

You can’t book a room then change it to an AP room discount, if i remember right they release a small number of rooms at various resorts with AP discount 3 months in advance and they go FAST ! Im Sure it’s perfectly fine to book a night at annual pass rate then book the rest of stay at the standard rate, if your in any doubt call universal guest services there always great and happy to help and advise

Edited at 06:58 PM.
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've booked With hotels.com on free cancellation basis. Then if room available on AP rates, booked, then cancelled hotels.com booking

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Cheapest (or was last week) is Travel Republic with £15 deposit and free cancellation so I’d suggest using them.
Old 11 Apr 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

res.windsurfercrs/ibe/

You can book the AP rate now for end of September - you have to pay but can cancel with no charge and rebook if price changes (remembering the exchange rate could fluctuate).

I've done it three times as keep changing my dates!

Edited at 08:48 PM.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks guys. I’m looking to book the 3 bedroom suite at Loews sapphire falls. and it isn’t available to book on any other booking sites. That’s why I’m so eager to secure the as I’m guessing it’s limited availability. I guess I just have to book it at standard rate online n hope for the best. Good thing is that they only charge me one night deposit n can cancel up to 5 days before.
Old 11 Apr 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
res.windsurfercrs/ibe/

You can book the AP rate now for end of September - you have to pay but can cancel with no charge and rebook if price changes (remembering the exchange rate could fluctuate).

Thank u. I guess that’s what I should do. So I can secure the room. It’s so frustrating n exhausting to work around to get best deals since there be no free dinning from Disney and try to keep within budget. 😔
Old 11 Apr 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
Thank u. I guess that’s what I should do. So I can secure the room. It’s so frustrating n exhausting to work around to get best deals since there be no free dinning from Disney and try to keep within budget. 😔
I know! I have Portofino booked for $279 plus tax - came in at £219, so a good saving - you can cancel up to day before I think
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
Thanks guys. I’m looking to book the 3 bedroom suite at Loews sapphire falls. and it isn’t available to book on any other booking sites. That’s why I’m so eager to secure the as I’m guessing it’s limited availability. I guess I just have to book it at standard rate online n hope for the best. Good thing is that they only charge me one night deposit n can cancel up to 5 days before.
My concern with booking a room like that is there can’t be many of them available. So if you’ve taken one it’s less likely to get released on an AP rate.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
res.windsurfercrs/ibe/

I thought it was 3 months out so would be up to mid July atm
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List