Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 May 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Normally it’s Skechers for me too but Nike have a 30% sale at the minute so I’ve ordered a couple of pairs to try out when I hit the UK parks.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Havaianas for me, far too hot for trainers
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Fancealot
Getting Excited

Definitely love to wear skechers go walks. I tend to bring two pairs plus some sandals for around the hotels/pool areas. Top tip if you have the tendency for smelly feet (Mine are horrid!) buy a set of 'no stink' deoderisers, pop them in your shoes straight after getting back from the parks, they should get them nice and fresh again!
Old 28 May 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Skechers go walks and also Nike trainers. I like to take a couple of pairs because invariably one will get wet (storms, wet rides etc). I would definitely recommend wearing them in before you go!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

For those of you liking the adidas ones then ASOS has some Ultraboost on sale. I just got these ones for £68 after using their ASOSnewfriend to get a firther 15% off the sale price. Am so delighted as they are fantastic trainers

asos/adidas/adidas-u...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Connors Daddy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Reefs flip flops.. Good, £50 ones, with quality cushioning. I wear them continuously from April to October anyway when not at work. They let your feet ventilate really well and in addition, they are fine if they get absolutely soaked. They are fine for 30,000 plus steps every day in the parks or on the streets. You can even wear them on coasters (or at least I do).
I generally only wear Shoes (and long Chino's) on the flights, out of courtesy.

And to cap it all, they even have a bottle opener.
Totally agree. I've got far too many pairs of Reef Fannings, but like you, wear them most of the year. Expensive, but worth it.
Connors Daddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Mostly Reef flip flops, pretty much wear those every day on holiday and then sometimes Nike vapor max fly knits, very light and comfy.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Connors Daddy View Post
Totally agree. I've got far too many pairs of Reef Fannings, but like you, wear them most of the year. Expensive, but worth it.
Reefs have ‘stood’ the test of time and been a top seller for decades. They are not a fad, not new, not even particularly trendy, simply as good as anything else on the market.. or better. In 20 or more years of ownership, they have never let me down and are only replaced when the heel area becomes compacted through hundreds of miles walked.
I pretty much only by Hush Puppy or Clark’s shoes for the same reasons.
If you look at any of the photos in any of my trip reports other than on flight day, you will find all of us in Reefs.. even in Washington, Boston, New York etc etc. On occasion, I have exceeded 35k steps in them in a day several times and only once had a snag.. in NY after a cloudburst when I got grit between straps and foot. I don’t even take them off on the biggest coasters other than on one occasion (Hulk) , when I was ordered to. I have never lost one, either.

I guess that whilst by no means a trendsetter of fashionista, I never have foot problems... And with Fannings, I even have a bottle opener with me at all times!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:45 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List