Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 May 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I need to order a sink (plus another 101 things lol). Was going to go for a 40x40 undermount sink. Now debating whether to get the 50x40 version.. Thoughts?

tradingdepot/searc...x%20new%20york

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

I think I would go for the larger sink, as 40 x 40 seems a bit small. Do you have another sink?

I like the symmetry of the 40x40, but if it is your only sink, you may regret not getting the larger one.
Old 31 May 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

It will be the only sink. I think you may be right.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
It will be the only sink. I think you may be right.
If that’s your only sink I would go for the larger size. We went for a deep but smallish single sink. It was alright but if I designed a kitchen again I would go for the larger sink option!
I love your colour choices so far, I’m excited to see it all coming together😊
boo2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

DIY kitchens have now helpfully created my basket of all items for me ready to check, order and pay.

I'm struggling to work out some of the panels they have added. Can anyone help?

Also, the wall units, on one of the units they have added an end panel and said it goes under a wall unit... not sure why and if so, what about all the other wall units? I'm confused

Old 4 Jun 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Okay, the day has arrived that I click order on my vast basket of kitchen cabinets. I've had numerous messages back and forth about what is and and not needed.

I'm still a little torn on end panels. I know they give the look of an inframe kind of style but having scrolled through what feels like 100s of pictures of ppls kitchens on their actual website. It is a mixed bag of what ppl get.

I'm thinking of not using end panels on the wall section in the utility end of the kitchen. Having stared at my current units, which don't have anything like that on anything, it seems a bit of a waste of 5 end panels that I would need to get.

I think I will use them in the more kitchen end of the kitchen just to finish it off as you will see them more. Does that make sense? I dunno anymore.

Also! angled units. We are having them as we walk into our kitchen, as it softens the entrance and allows us to have more storage. There will be a base one on one side and a tall one on the other which sits next to a pull out larder.

Images of the unit with an end panel (the tall one) and what looks like no end panel on the base... we prefer the look of the base... what do you think? I feel it looks odd with the extra bit on the side?

Our carcases are the same colour as the doors.

Old 4 Jun 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

It does look odd with the extra end panel on the corner unit.

Having end panels on the normal units does mean the kkckboards are doddle to fit as they are just a straight cut. If you don't have end panels then you'd have to mitre the corners. Not a big deal but it is a different look.

The end panels also cover the variation in your walls, you scribe the panels to pit the wall. You can do this with the units on their own but can be tricky.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Yea I've tweaked my basket taking a few things off, just leaving it a few hours before I click confirm!

Old 4 Jun 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

We've gone for this on our corner cupboard as you walk into the kitchen ,softens the entrance...
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Our flooring has arrived and is now stacked up behind the sofa in the front room, looks good! My sink should arrive tomorrow.

Anyone around for an opinion? We have a run of wall cupboards in the utility end of the kitchen. Starts with a boiler unit nr the window, then a 600mm, then a 800mm over the sink area so this cabinet goes isn't as tall so more space on the wall, then a 600mm back at full size again next to our tall fridge.

So four units, 5 doors. Question is, if we were do this with all the extra end panels to box it in and finish it off, we'd need 5 panels, basically one after each unit.. Not sure whether to bother at all, seems excessive and £200 for literally seeing a 2cm edge. What would you do?

Xx