Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 Jul 17, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I would do it at that price if you think lunch and dinner even cheaper stuff would cost you more than that and at least it's prepaid 😊 No worrying about food and sharing meals
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Minigirl762003 View Post
Thanks for all your replays. I have just spoken to Disney. To upgrade our eating plan to QS will cost us £1008. If I've worked it out correctly that means it's £48 a day for 4 of us. Very tempted to do this.
I would do this. We are here now and are generally sharing 2 quick service credits between 3 of us. I've been swapping out our drinks for sides or desserts. We were at AOA for the first 3 days with no dining plan we were spending roughly about $25 per meal sharing 2 meals. The create your own pasta is great and huge for sharing.
You'd also get 2 snack credits each on the qs dining plan and these cost about $5 each.
I'm doing a food trip report just now which might help you get a better idea of portion sizes etc.

Edited at 02:35 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I can see the benefit to you OP in having it prepaid (of course you need to cancel all the TS meals though) but in my opinion it's actually quite alot to pay to upgrade as you're already getting 1 CS credit each anyway in your package. When you originally booked was the price of a moderate £1k more?
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
HolidayDreams
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for all your replays. I have just spoken to Disney. To upgrade our eating plan to QS will cost us £1008. If I've worked it out correctly that means it's £48 a day for 4 of us. Very tempted to do this.
It is worth doing the maths on how much your TS would be. We upgraded from the QS plan as with the few TS meals we were doing it was cheaper, then there are all the TS meals we would not have done. We are doing CRT, hoop de doop and Cali Grill brunch, each of these is 2 TS but Cali Grill would have been around $280 on its own!
HolidayDreams is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
teerts
Excited about Disney

I would do this, I have just paid for the DDP for 3adults for 11 nights and it cost £1300, the main thing is it puts your mind at rest and you don't have to worry what you are selecting on the menu or how much it costs, it helps you enjoy the holiday that little bit better IMHO.

Enjoy your trip 😀😀
Old 15 Jul 17, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

IIRC, the OP will be in Florida in the summer. It can be very diffidult to eat much at all in the heat. In summer we could live on water and have an occasional pick at something. The heat zaps your appetite.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Have you looked into Garden Grocer for water?
Yes I have but you have to spend a minimum of $40 and the delivery charge is $14 - otherwise I would do that.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Upgrade the dining plan and RELAX.

Last year, a burger meal at SCI Fi cost us $130 with tip. Silly money for a family of 4
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
IIRC, the OP will be in Florida in the summer. It can be very diffidult to eat much at all in the heat. In summer we could live on water and have an occasional pick at something. The heat zaps your appetite.
Everyone is different. The only time I haven't wanted to eat was in February 2012 when OH and I were actually unwell. The temperature was up in the mid-to-high 80s during both our 2015 trips and hit the 90s in our Aug 2016 trip. We were still hungry and still wanted to eat. We just drank loads as well.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Yes I have but you have to spend a minimum of $40 and the delivery charge is $14 - otherwise I would do that.
Well that's only the cost of about 14 bottles of water at Disney. I drink about four a day so even for just me I'd do it. You could buy your toiletries too to save weight in your hold luggage and breakfast items too. I'm not sure if you're already quoting the lowest delivery charge possible, but if not it does decrease the further in advance you order.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List