Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Oct 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyBride08 View Post
What happens if you have sweets in your suitcases. Will they get opened and searched?
My hand luggage was opened, and the gharadelli chocolates were swabbed, but they never opened them, just swabbed the outer packaging.
In future, I’ll put them in the hold luggage, and put clothing in my hand luggage, saves a lot of messing about re packing the bag
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaffacake
Earning More Ears

We came home through MCO last weekend. After passing through the passport check desk, we chose the wrong (longer) security line as it doubles back on itself behind a pillar. Suddenly, the line ground to a halt and 4 TSA officials were standing looking at the x ray screen. Other lines were moving at their normal slowish speed. In our line, they passed a test bag through several times and then started to take passenger bags through, asking for all food stuff to be placed in separate trays. The food stuff goes along the manual inspection belt, so once you have passed through the metal detector and claimed your other luggage, shoes, belt, electronics, liquids etc, you then need to locate your food items. These were in a separate queue waiting to be manually swabbed. We had 2 homemade Disney restaurant cookies in a clear plastic bag and a pack of mints, that we had originally brought from the UK. They just passed the cookies directly back to us, yet swabbed the pack of mints. It took approximately 60 mins to get through. Utter chaos.
Jaffacake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 17, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

I had read about this too so put all my candy from MNSSHP in my checked case but did have two packets of sweets and a toffee apple in my hand luggage, neither of which were swabbed or even mentioned
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

I came through MCO on Friday night. I am lucky that I get TSAPre so the only hold-up was the family of 3 in front faffing about, using about 7 trays, as they had so many bags/coats etc. Didn't even have to take my laptop out of my back pack - but I don't carry food. The standard queues didn't seem any longer than I have seen on other occasions.
One thing I have noticed is that the standard queues on the A side often tend to be longer than those on the B side. That could be because the Virgin passengers (from 5 separate late afternoon flights) all tend to go there as it is nearest to the check in desks. I would check out the B side too first - you can use either, it doesn't matter. TSAPre is on the B side too.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 17, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ianc View Post
I came through MCO on Friday night. I am lucky that I get TSAPre so the only hold-up was the family of 3 in front faffing about, using about 7 trays, as they had so many bags/coats etc. Didn't even have to take my laptop out of my back pack - but I don't carry food. The standard queues didn't seem any longer than I have seen on other occasions.
One thing I have noticed is that the standard queues on the A side often tend to be longer than those on the B side. That could be because the Virgin passengers (from 5 separate late afternoon flights) all tend to go there as it is nearest to the check in desks. I would check out the B side too first - you can use either, it doesn't matter. TSAPre is on the B side too.
I thought as soon as you got through security you went on the monorail out to the gates. Is it really possible to security at B and then get to A?
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ianc View Post
We just came through. I was wondering how easy it would be to spot the TSA Pre lines - I needn't have worried, there was big banner with flashing green lights on it!

Approaching from the Virgin desks at A It was on the far side of the hall so I suppose you could say that was B side but you're guided to that side by the gate number (I think - anyway once through security you're going for the train on the right).

I did wonder if they'd given TSA Pre to us then the might have given it to everyone but we were quick though with everything left in the bags. The scanner operator was giving everything a very good looking at though and we were stood there for a few mins while they discussed various bags.

Edited at 10:37 PM.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Comming home in june I was pulled aside and asked what was in my bag. I couldn't remember that I had a bag of jolly ranchers and I ended up getting questioned by a second person. In the end they told me candy looks like explosives on their screens . They didn't open it or swab it though
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Who were you flying with? Virgin?
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Fragolina
Proud to wear my Ears

On our return to London this weekend MCO appeared to be relying on a dog for screening and therefore were less focused on items going through the usual screening. All passengers had to walk past the dog which I assume is much more reliable than random swabbing of goods.
Fragolina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We took a domestic flight from MCO to Richmond on Saturday. Security was much slower than normal. They didn't search food etc but there was a sniffer dog nearby - bit traumatic as we had my daughters puppy with us, who is a Schichon but always wants to play with the big dogs. Lol.
Anyway the line was so slow because everyone had to go through the body scanner & have the 'paddle' test & their palms swabbed.
There really is no second guessing what you'll get. I've even known TSA precheck to vary at times.
disneywiseowl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List