Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Nov 17, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Vita
Excited about Disney

Mobile Broken item bought from animal kingdom.. how do I contact Disney?

As the title says really... we bought Home a banshee on a stick (for younger children) for my son as a surprise gift for his birthday but the head has snapped off in transit?! Was hoping if I could contact Disney they would send me another if I paid for item and postage?
WDW ... October 2017
Bella Vita is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I had an issue last year with a jigsaw I bought - had pieces missing!

I emailed Disney with a photo of my jigsaw and they asked me if I would like a replacement or a refund. I took the refund and they posted me out a Disney gift card. Had to send photos of the barcode on the box etc but Disney were very helpful.

Will try and find the email I used to contact them.
Old 26 Nov 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post

merchandise.guest.services@disneyparks.com.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 17, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by hazel.searle View Post
I had an issue last year with a jigsaw I bought - had pieces missing!

I emailed Disney with a photo of my jigsaw and they asked me if I would like a replacement or a refund. I took the refund and they posted me out a Disney gift card. Had to send photos of the barcode on the box etc but Disney were very helpful.

Will try and find the email I used to contact them.
The OP issue is different though as their problem exists because it snapped whilst it was their property (i.e. Disney no longer had a duty to provide it in a complete state) - whereas your issue was that a product that you could not verify was complete in store did in fact turn out to be incomplete - in your circumstances they are obliged to give some form of redress
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Two years ago I bought the much coveted Anna & Elsa dolls for a friend who had asked me to pick them up for her daughter from Toronto.
The one stopped singing and the arm came apart from the other one two days after Christmas. They wrote to Disney and sent an email with pics attached.
Plus they had receipts.
Disney gave them a complete refund for both.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 17, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
The OP issue is different though as their problem exists because it snapped whilst it was their property (i.e. Disney no longer had a duty to provide it in a complete state) - whereas your issue was that a product that you could not verify was complete in store did in fact turn out to be incomplete - in your circumstances they are obliged to give some form of redress
This ^^^^^
Perhaps how the item was packed in luggage?
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 17, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

OP I use the email Geoffa posted. If you send them a copy of receipt (or if you don’t have it then a photo of something to prove you were recently there) then they are likely to send you a new one.

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
They are very likely to replace it anyway. I’ve had a couple of things break after owning them for a while. They’ve sent me a new items straight away without asking how they broke etc.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 17, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
OP I use the email Geoffa posted. If you send them a copy of receipt (or if you don’t have it then a photo of something to prove you were recently there) then they are likely to send you a new one.

They are very likely to replace it anyway. I’ve had a couple of things break after owning them for a while. They’ve sent me a new items straight away without asking how they broke etc.
Not necessarily, my Cogsworth clock that I bought last August is not working no properly and eating up batteries. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and got a standard reply saying as it was over 60 days there was nothing they could do ☹️

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bearandbuzz View Post
Not necessarily, my Cogsworth clock that I bought last August is not working no properly and eating up batteries. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and got a standard reply saying as it was over 60 days there was nothing they could do ☹️
I’ve had that response about an expensive jumper I bought which basically fell apart when I wore it the first time but I tried again from DH’s email and they replaced it.
Try again, they replaced my Cogsworth clock straight away a few weeks ago (pendulum stopped working) that I bought last September.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 17, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
I’ve had that response about an expensive jumper I bought which basically fell apart when I wore it the first time but I tried again from DH’s email and they replaced it.
Try again, they replaced my Cogsworth clock straight away a few weeks ago (pendulum stopped working) that I bought last September.
Thanks, I’ve tried using a different email. Fingers crossed!

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List