Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 May 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I haven’t touched mine and won’t until I can go to a salon!
We had to cut my partners hair as it’s so thick and grows so fast! Had been putting it off but I did it on Saturday - didn’t turn out too bad really !
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I've cut DHs hair, used to do it pre kids and we've got clippers and hairdressing scissors which helps. Frustratingly we'd been looking at replacing the clippers earlier this year and didn't.. big mistake.

I cut my fringe myself regularly as otherwise I wouldn't be able to see, so nothing new there, but the ends are now getting a bit "crunchy". It's long, so just been wearing it up most of the time. Need to tackle it, but not been quite brave enough.

Was supposed to have my highlights done - half head - at the beginning of April ready for our holiday, so looking grey highlighted now instead of dark blonde..

Magic touch is a godsend when going on zoom calls for work.

DS asked me to cut his today.. his hair is really think and getting a bit too long, DS2 is terrified I'll just shave it all off
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Not touched mine but its below shoulder length and uncoloured so no desperation yet!

Have attempted to cut DH and our 3 sons. One was a disaster, he now has a short wonky fringe, not a good look when you're 13

Other 2 I did grade 3 at back and left their tops so DS1 says if it gets bad he'll try a manbun

They will be queuing up to get back at barbers. DH says he can cope with how we've cut it, but then he's just tight
Old 18 May 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sunjue100
VIP Dibber

sunjue100's Reviews
Have done my roots once, didn’t work particularly well so just using a L’Oréal spray now. Usually have a cut and colour every 4 weeks so desperate for my my hairdressers to open up.
Old 18 May 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Looks like the majority of customers will be back.
Glad not too many used boxed dye, but impressed with the ones who have embraced there inner hairdresser.
Hopefully we will all be back to some kind of normal soon🤞
July 4th could be a big day for us ❤️
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

I box dyed for years at home, then for the last year IVe been to a very pricey salon and had foil highlights and an unusual caramel colour on the rest, looked amazing! But I now have 2” grey roots, each side of my parting, and there’s nothing much I can do, as I can’t match the base colour or the highlights!

I’m now in my second can of colour root spray, which isn’t the right colour but is better than grey. I’m so tempted to it a box dye over the whole lot, in a medium brown, but I’m worried about what colour my highlights will go!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

1. DH bought a set of clippers so he & DS could cut their hair (both usually go to the barbers). My eldest DD actually did both their hair for them - considering she’s only 13 she’s done quite a good job! That said, they’ll both be back at the barbers for a proper cut once open.
2. Due to the sheer amount of grey coming through in my roots, I bought a box dye (a L’Oreal Excellence one) and applied Saturday morning. I used to regularly colour my own hair, but for the last 18 months decided I wanted it to look better (eventually I always get a build up of colour which doesn’t look right). The box dye has covered the grey well, but again, as soon as my hairdresser is able to re-open I’ll let her sort it out properly! I haven’t cut my hair though (I draw the line) and my fringe has been swept to the side to keep it out of my eyes. Maybe now is the time to finally grow it out, lol!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Number 4 for me.
Apparently being bullied for being red at school pays off when you're in your 30's, there is not a hint of grey. And your relatives with the same colouring are still grey free in their 50's.

I've also had the same hairdresser since I was 18 and I'm so not facing him having attempted to cut my own hair - I'd never live it down and he is well aware it's a full Merida situation.

I have been looking at more curl friendly products to let it be as natural as possible to avoid excess heat damage.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

I have platinum hair so I wouldn't go near a box dye for the fear of it turning yellow, I will be waiting for my salon to reopen but as you can imagine my roots are terrible. I have, however , cut my husbands hair (short back and sides long on top) didn't go too badly.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

My usual appointment would have been last week so not too bad just now. Number 4 for me, I’d never use a home dye kit. I’m looking forward to my usual hairdressers being open. I must admit I’m going to try to go longer between colours and cuts though. I’ve saved quite a bit during lockdown with my hairdresser and nail technician.