Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Apr 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

disney resort hotels etc

Can anyone not staying onsite at a Disney Resort book to eat in their restaurant, as dibbers report good dining at some resorts.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Absolutely, anyone can eat at the resort restaurants.
Old 3 Apr 17, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Yep!

There's a Dibb forum all about ADR (advanced dining reservations) and dining reviews (on- and off-site) for you to get more info and ideas. Have fun.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Great thank you. Staying in Villa at Thousand Oaks, and thought would be nice to see what facilities some of the on sites have and eat as well. Do prefer a villa tho as we aren't ones to be up and out early in the morning and having the absolute luxury of a private pool, heaven.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Lots of people opt for splitting their trip between an on-site resort and an off-site villa, for the best of both worlds. If you visit a few resorts to eat this time, you might find one you'd like to try even just for a couple of nights another time.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

On our first trip in 2008, we stayed in a villa and would eat at the resort hotels near MK and Epcot. It was mostly QS, so no reservations and it was more for a nosey than for the food. Its lovely to look about and nosey in the shops. Some resorts have items exclusive to that resort so you can find nice things you might not see anywhere else.
Old 3 Apr 17, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mental Minnie View Post
On our first trip in 2008, we stayed in a villa and would eat at the resort hotels near MK and Epcot. It was mostly QS, so no reservations and it was more for a nosey than for the food. Its lovely to look about and nosey in the shops. Some resorts have items exclusive to that resort so you can find nice things you might not see anywhere else.
I love resort hopping as much as going to the parks! And I definitely prefer the resort merchandise; I hope they still stock it.

Old 3 Apr 17, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

thank you both for the information, will definitely this and forgive me Wendy but what does QS stand for.
Old 3 Apr 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yes, we love visiting the deluxe resorts to do just that.
Old 3 Apr 17, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by patjeff63 View Post
thank you both for the information, will definitely this and forgive me Wendy but what does QS stand for.
Quick Service (sometimes known as counter service) restaurants/meals.

Basically a McDonalds type place where you order & get given your food over a counter.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List