Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Sep 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve purposely bought a smaller bag for this trip to avoid trying to cram our nice leather backpack into one of the smaller lockers. At least this investment isn’t just into nothing i.e. universal’s hands, and will be used on many holidays to come. 😊
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

You can take a bum bag on all the rides except Hulk and rip ride. The bag needs to fasten with a 3 prong clip.

The free lockers worked fine for us, worst case get one each and split your stuff as it’s your park tickets that operate them.
Old 17 Sep 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
I see groups trying to shove stuff into a small locker but everyone can have a locker using either a finger or ticket.
You can rent big lockers for the day near the entrance for $8 to $12 a day if you need a big bag
Dd is diabetic and needs her stuff with her all the time - can’t leave it in a big locker at the opposite end of the park. The thing is we bought the reusable drink holders too so you had to make sure it was empty to lie it down.
I actually do think it’s a con with the cost of the tickets in the first place.
I do sit some rides out so I’m the past I’ve always held bags but this some rides I do.
I have a shall rucksack and I had to really squash it down.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
You can take a bum bag on all the rides except Hulk and rip ride. The bag needs to fasten with a 3 prong clip.

The free lockers worked fine for us, worst case get one each and split your stuff as it’s your park tickets that operate them.
Oh and that’s a point I forgot to mention the fact you have to keep your ticket out for it. Obviously all yr stuff is in the locker but you have to keep the ticket out. I was really worried about it falling out of my pocket of my shorts.
Others might be fine with it but for me the locker situation at Universal was a disappointment. It’s already annoying - some rides like the Hulk that’s an obvious one but say MIB - why no bags there?
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
corbennic
Excited about Disney

My dd is also diabetic. I emailed universal and they told me there should be a medical locker at the point where you get on the ride so she can take her bag with her. No way I want to queue without it she’s been so up and down recently. Hopefully that’s true!
corbennic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Tj28
Getting Excited

I was actually pleasantly surprised about the locker situation after all that I read about it. We always have a least one rucksack in the parks. However with universal we brought a soft backed one. We found that if we put all water bottles (from rucksack) into one locker, the bag with everything else in fitted (squished) in another. Not great, but you definitely can bring a bag with you and go on all the rides without forking out for a bigger one.

I do think it is rubbish that the refillable cups can only go in lying down!
Tj28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

An utter scam.

For a start, over vigilance about putting everything in a locker. On the mummy for example, it says phones etc must be in a locker. Really? Why do half the people in the queue have a phone and get on no issues?
Next the charges. If you have a standard sized bag, you have to pay.
Coupled with the chaos at the Harry Potter locker rooms (both) and you have a poor experience. I
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Why are you struggling with the concept you've been asked to put all your belongings in a locker. Why are you so concerned about what other people have or have not put in theirs. Just do as you have been asked and get on. If you dont want to pay just give that ride a miss the choice is yours.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mudhut
Excited about Disney

Don't do what I did, used my park ticket to open a locker, put my bag inside and also then put my ticket in the locker too. 😳
Mudhut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

What i don't like is that all bottles have to be laid down, so if yours is not water tight it will drip from the top locker to the bottom. Refillable cups ,well lets just say make sure they are empty before trying to put them in. Also if you buy a wand you will need to put it diagonally in the locker if its one of the longer ones.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List