Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 17 Jul 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Still Game

Anybody watch this? Oh my word, this has got to be one of the best comedies out there - absolutely fantastic. I’m only halfway through Series 2 so lots more still to go. Been watching them on You Tube but DVD Box set arrived today the characters are great but so far I think Winston is my favourite- was about crying at his scene in the bookies when he got rumbled supposedly had a bad knee to get more benefits.. oh I just love it. Heard they’re making the final series this year.. another fab comedy laid to rest by the BBC.
Old 17 Jul 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

We were late to the party too... only watched it this year and it’s brilliant...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've watched it from the start - so funny! We also love Count Arthur Strong, but you need to start from the beginning with them. (and have a funny sense of humour).
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
nonnie
Excited about Disney

We all love Still Game, ds (16) found it about a year ago and I think he's watched every episode more than a few times! Hard to choose a favourite character but latterly we all really liked 'Methadone Mick', he's brilliant. They filmed in my town a few years ago, gutted that this will be the last series
nonnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I also only found this in the last 12 months and was thrilled it was all on Netflix. It’s my guilty pleasure
meboo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Yes watched it over and over again, have all the box sets. It’s the best comedy in my opinion.
Old 17 Jul 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
We've watched it from the start - so funny! We also love Count Arthur Strong, but you need to start from the beginning with them. (and have a funny sense of humour).
Ooh I love the Count too - saw him live last month
Old 17 Jul 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We've watched this since it started and their show where the characters came from and seen the stage show as a Scot ranks up there with the Steamie The Rev IM Jolly etc as Jew Years eve classics
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

What’s even more amusing to me is, believe it or not, how close to real life some of it is. A good few years ago my mums uncle died. We went to the funeral, not well attended as he was quite old and then back to the local pub for a few sandwiches and refreshments. Sitting with the old boys who were his friends was quite somber. Then one piped up, “well, that’ll be the dominoes f***** noo then, there’s no enough o us left tae huv a game” Honestly, I almost wet myself.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Yes watched it over and over again, have all the box sets. It’s the best comedy in my opinion.
I have to agree with you there. Father Ted and IT Crowd used to be my favourites.. not anymore