Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Oct 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkrose
Getting Excited

Hi Allan

Personally we did drive the Parkway in both directions and I'm glad we did. There were things we missed as they were on the opposite side of the carriageway to our direction of travel and places that we revisited when the weather was better.
pinkrose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Well we did book an excellent trip for Sep; Calgary - Vancouver (and all points in between including Vancouver Island). Unfortunately, it now looks like we might have to cancel for medical reasons. Very sad indeed, but it demonstrates you never know what is round the corner in life.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
Whistler in the summer is amazing! It is in the winter too but I’m terrible at skiing so there’s more for me to do in the summer. If you stop in Whistler make sure you head to the peak of whistler mountain and do some alpine hiking. It’s the most breathtaking views I’ve ever seen. The high note trail is the most popular but it’s also somewhat easy. On weekends the gondola runs until around 8pm so you can spend a good time up there exploring and you’ll see a little bit of the sunset too.

I also love the lakes in summer. Alta lake is the best on hot day. You can rent canoes paddle boards and kayaks.

Some other hikes I love are Cheakamus lake (need 4x4 preferably) the ancient cedars (bring bug spray) nairn falls, the train wreck and if you’re really keen on hiking then Joffre lakes is amazing, as is panorama ridge (but it’s a 12 hour hike!)

The Scandinave spa is the most peaceful place to chill out too. Amazing in the summer when the sunsets with all the alpenglow.

I’m a little bias since I live here but it’s super awesome.

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Well we did book an excellent trip for Sep; Calgary - Vancouver (and all points in between including Vancouver Island). Unfortunately, it now looks like we might have to cancel for medical reasons. Very sad indeed, but it demonstrates you never know what is round the corner in life.
Oh no! Only just seen this after posting above. Hopefully you can come out this way soon. It’s incredible

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sweetemotion View Post
Oh no! Only just seen this after posting above. Hopefully you can come out this way soon. It’s incredible
Lovely pics. Looks absolutely gorgeous but I cannot see it happening this year I’m afraid.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
brindle
Imagineer

We booked all independently 18 day trip., we landed in Calgary, stayed in Canmore visited Banff and travelled many Miles, hiked East of Rundle,amazing.
We were with some locals though, couldn't of done it on our own.
Lake louise hike to tea house, morraine lakes,grassy lakes all brilliant. Dud loads but that's off top of head.
Traveled to Penticton which was another lovely area, wine tasting and lakes.
Onto Vancouver, we stayed in sqaumish climbed the cheif,sea to sky,Alice lakes, Brackendale, whistler.wgsle watching with wild whales.😊
Terre Verde Resort April 2008+ April 2010
Florida Keys July 2009
brindle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
brindle
Imagineer

Oh sorry to here this, I just posted ,sorry.take care
Terre Verde Resort April 2008+ April 2010
Florida Keys July 2009
brindle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by brindle View Post
Oh sorry to here this, I just posted ,sorry.take care
Please don’t apologise , one of our party has had some devastating news this week.
Old 2 Feb 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Please don’t apologise , one of our party has had some devastating news this week.
sorry to hear this - fingers crossed for you all xxx
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
sorry to hear this - fingers crossed for you all xxx
Ty...