Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Nov 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Ha ha. I ripped the Ale & Compass Podium Lady a new one last night as 3 times she used my surname. I told her to use my first name or call me Mr
She won’t forget me in a hurry.
We never actually ate there as I walked out
In fact we have ditched it 3 times this trip as there is always a 30+ min wait after the ADR time. I never wait
Why did you try it 3 times? I wouldn't have bothered again after the first time if I was that annoyed about the wait time. Incidentally for someone who constantly complains about Disney you spend a heck of a lot of time there.

Edited at 09:13 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
I just feel sorry for the poor girl if it's the usual thing to call the surname and you rip into her and then walk out , maybe I'm just too soft .
You're not too soft, you're just a decent, reasonable person.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Anyone who works in a profession where they regularly "get ripped a new one" deserves every penny imho
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Why did you try it 3 times? I wouldn't have bothered again after the first time. Incidentally for someone who constantly complains about Disney you spend a heck of a lot of time there.
Not sure this is fair... They are dvc and are obviously some what reliant on disney dining to enjoy their holiday.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

Ha ha. I ripped the Ale & Compass Podium Lady a new one last night as 3 times she used my surname. I told her to use my first name or call me Mr
In fact we have ditched it 3 times this trip as there is always a 30+ min wait after the ADR time. I never wait
We tried Ale & Compass last week and even though we were seated in a very quiet restaurant at Lunch it took over 30 mins from between receiving our drinks and getting our food. Apparently it was the fries that they were having trouble cooking. They did get a less than average tip. Don’t think we’ll be back there in a hurry.
Old 17 Nov 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Why did you try it 3 times? I wouldn't have bothered again after the first time if I was that annoyed about the wait time. Incidentally for someone who constantly complains about Disney you spend a heck of a lot of time there.
I apologise for my tardy response my dear but I am busy at Epcot. I always respond to posts made by those who help others. On this occasion I will make an exception.

The reason we have been 3 times to the Ale & Compass is because the food there is very good. Sad to say their wait times have gone out of control. My view is make a judgement after a few tries not just the one.

The reason I spoke as I did to the hostess is not because she called the ‘Morrow Party’ but because 3 times at her podium she spoke to me from less than a foot away. Made full eye contact and called me ‘Morrow’
That’s unacceptable and rude.

Finally I do knock Disney for their financial greed. However if you are ok with that policy good luck to you but I can assure you I’m not as I abhor greed. The amount of time I spend at Disney is a decision made by my Wife and I and nobody else’s business.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Regarding another thread...I’d never ‘rip’ into a worker plus never admit to it.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I had a server come out after me near the Crossroads as I hadn't left a tip. That is entirely true, I didn't.

However when seating I told him I had a voucher (it was a contributing factor to us dining there in the first place). It was for 20%.

When we were ready for the check I reminded him I had the voucher and he took it away.

When the check came, no reduction for the voucher.

I just paid the total and told him the tip was 20% when he complained outside, but he hadn't taken it off the check. He apologised, we haven't been back.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Regarding another thread...I’d never ‘rip’ into a worker plus never admit to it.
I agree and he sounds proud of himself for doing it.
Old 17 Nov 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

I don't care if a server uses my first name or my last name... as long as it leads to a good meal and a nice Cocktail...
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List