Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Feb 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney_daddy View Post
Ohh dear, maybe it won't stop the confusion, correct me if I am wrong but Disney UK have never run two offers at the same time always a free nights offer then a free dine offer the fact that the current offer doesn't end until the end of June says to me they won't be anymore offers for whatever dates until after then. I wonder if they will be monitoring how 2022 dates sell once released before they decide on additional incentives whatever they maybe.
I don't know about concurrent offers, but the free nights are for 2021, they probably haven't even decided what to offer for 2022 if anything. It will depend on vaccinations and demand. It could go one way or the other! They tend to offer the free dining to US customers late in the year for the following year...
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
I don't know about concurrent offers, but the free nights are for 2021, they probably haven't even decided what to offer for 2022 if anything. It will depend on vaccinations and demand. It could go one way or the other! They tend to offer the free dining to US customers late in the year for the following year...

Free night offers have always been for the current year and free dine the year after have they not? I am not saying free DDP wont happen for 2022 just that it wont be released in April while this current offer is still ongoing.

Edited at 12:45 PM.
disney_daddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney_daddy View Post
Free night offers have always been for the current year and free dine the year after have they not? I am not saying free DDP wont happen for 2022 just that it wont be released in April while this current offer is still ongoing.
Yes. That was the point I was trying to make, they wouldn’t normally run free dining for next year (or any offer) concurrently with this years offer. Although “normally” is probably irrelevant .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'm sure the Disney Machine could work around a 2 month delay IYKWIM Someone more knowledgeable on the "history" of Free Dining will know when it used to be offered but as it started for "cover" for the early fall slump I'd be surprised if it was always as early as April. Even if they were to use Free Dining as a "loss leader", they would still be working on making that money back through spending in the Parks & I think they need the capacity back for this to happen.
I know that there are people/families on here that have known nothing but Free dining but it only started 14-15 years ago & people still went to Disney, they just ate at Ponderosa,Dennys,Ihop etc Our first 2 holidays we lived on McDs Double quarterpounders & sat religiously every night going through coupon books!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

What was pricing like 14 - 15 years ago?

My DW showed me some of her park tickets from when she went with her family as a child. I was amazed at the price of tickets compared to now but no one seems to remember the price of staying onsite.

Edited at 11:44 AM.
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I can't remember exactly but I'm fairly sure we got 3 weeks with free dining for under £2k including passes- 2Ads & a teen ! I can remember when a 21 day pass was £196! When we first started going you could get an offsite Hotel for under $30/night & a breakfast buffet was $1.99 & you could still use a voucher to get a discount from that!
Or how about upgraded flights for £99 & the couple sat next to us had paid £69!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR

Edited at 11:44 AM.
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

😳 why was I such a late convert to Disney 😭
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Muppetnation_20
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes. That was the point I was trying to make, they wouldn’t normally run free dining for next year (or any offer) concurrently with this years offer. Although “normally” is probably irrelevant .
Yep agree with this. Extending the free nights offer until the end of June also gives Disney time to see how the vaccine rollout is going and what the likely situation is the following year.

I agree with the people who've said that US Free Dining is unlikely but they may offer it to international travellers to try and increase booking levels. At least I'm hoping that's the case!
Muppetnation_20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
As the value of the pound has increased from around $1.20 to $1.37 (15% increase) you would hope that Disney would reflect this in their pricing. They were certainly quick to raise their prices after Brexit in 2016.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
fileyboy
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I was told by my travel agent that if free dining comes back at all it will not be till at least 2023!
fileyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List