Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jan 22, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
lukeysmom
Helping Mickey

Ive lost that loving feeling

After planning the best trip ever to Disney for 2020 (we have been every 4 years since 2004) for our son finishing his GCSE's
As for all of us it didnt go ahead because of Covid. I was totally devastated.
I couldnt even think about booking again.
I bit the bullet and last year have booked just the Disney hotel bit for this July when my son has finished his A levels.
I just cant seem to get the enthusiasm back and have thought about not going and book 2 weeks all inclusive to the carribean!
Please help me get my mojo back!
Currently Im off work with Covid too!
Thanks for any replies.
Old 8 Jan 22, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Have a family vote on what everyone really wants and go with the majority vote.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Might not be what you want to hear but from personal experience, if you're not feeling it, I would cancel and book somewhere that you are excited about. The only holiday I have ever regretted is the one I thought I should go on (tradition, family obligation, etc) rather than going because I wanted to.

Disney will always be there when you're ready to go back.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Might not be what you want to hear but from personal experience, if you're not feeling it, I would cancel and book somewhere that you are excited about. The only holiday I have ever regretted is the one I thought I should go on (tradition, family obligation, etc) rather than going because I wanted to.

Disney will always be there when you're ready to go back.
Exactly - it’s a big world out there.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I have felt like this in the past. I usually watch a few you tube videos and do a bit of research and it all comes back, full force. I booked a villa in the south of France for this summer, but as you can see from my countdown, I cancelled it and booked Florida. We have been to Rhodes these past 2 covid summers and it has reinforced for us, that 2 weeks all inclusive is not for us. Maybe have a think about what the whole family enjoys the most and choose from there. For my family it’s an action packed holiday, not lying in the sun on a lounger for 2 weeks. But maybe your family is different and you’ll end up going skiiing in the winter! I’m sure you’ll enjoy whatever you choose.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Have you asked if he wants to go or does he want to visit another destination. Girls are more up to doing Disney than boys as they get older. Boys are more likely to prefer Universal which has a more adult feel. Or as you pointed out all inclusive in the Caribbean sounds a good option. As they say Florida is not all about the mouse. Btw myself and 22 year old daughter will be doing our last Disney holiday together this year as she finishes her nursing degree and will be spreading her wings towards a land down under. What ever you all decide make the most of your time together. Happy holiday planning. 😎
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Try somewhere new, plenty of adventures in the UK and the world!
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I think you should have a family discussion/ vote. At his age he's old enough to have a say. I stopped going on family holidays when I was 16 as we always had to go where my mother wanted to go and I hated being dragged along to places I didn't want to go to. My mother's attitude was, since she was paying for the holidays it was up to her where we went.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
G82
Trying for More Ears

I think it's natural to not feel excited about given the cancellations that have occurred. However, I'm sure once you get there you will have a great time and not regret it! You booked for a reason go and enjoy!

We've just come back and we had a great time. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed being there and it was just like before!

Edited at 04:56 PM.
G82 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Our son who will shortly be 20 is now in his 2nd year at uni. Like you we missed a big trip we had planned for when he finished his A levels. We have been to Disney/universal staying off site quite a few times so when planning a holiday for this year we discussed going back or alternatively do all inclusive to Barbados. Our son chose Disney/Universal on the basis that there is lots more to do and said he would be bored just sitting around a pool with Mum and Dad! So definitely worth the discussion with him!
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List