Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Aug 19, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Mobile

Originally Posted by whlparkstone View Post
I am so sorry to hear this.
It must be a worrying time for you.
Try and remember that when one door closes another can open...stay positive
Indeed, that’s my hope 👍. Thanks

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope he finds something soon. I will never understand employers who don’t look favourably on someone who is applying for a job at that age. To me it shows a wealth of experience and a willingness to work, the very two things I would look for in a new employee. Best of luck to him. As they say, when one door closes, another one opens.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Hope he finds something soon. I will never understand employers who don’t look favourably on someone who is applying for a job at that age. To me it shows a wealth of experience and a willingness to work, the very two things I would look for in a new employee. Best of luck to him. As they say, when one door closes, another one opens.
Thank you so much

BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

My hubby's in a similar situation, so I totally sympathise.

The company he worked for went into administration last month, so he's been out of work for 4 weeks now. The biggest kicker is he left his previous company, after being there 15 years, for his last job, but was only there a year before they went bust, so had 0 redundancy He's applied for dozens of jobs, but as he has 15+ years of managerial experience, he's finding it impossible as most places would only promote from within, or disregard him completely for entry level minimum wage jobs (which he's more than prepared to do) as he's "too qualified". He's 45, so retirement is quite a long way off!
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Shani View Post
My hubby's in a similar situation, so I totally sympathise.

The company he worked for went into administration last month, so he's been out of work for 4 weeks now. The biggest kicker is he left his previous company, after being there 15 years, for his last job, but was only there a year before they went bust, so had 0 redundancy He's applied for dozens of jobs, but as he has 15+ years of managerial experience, he's finding it impossible as most places would only promote from within, or disregard him completely for entry level minimum wage jobs (which he's more than prepared to do) as he's "too qualified". He's 45, so retirement is quite a long way off!

Oh god, what a nightmare. At least we will have the statutory redundancy to tied us over. All the best, I hope something turns up soon.

Old 30 Aug 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post

DH just in process of being made redundant so know how you feel. He is 51. They scored the process to favour the young and favourites with boss, they deny this but it is obvious. So frustrating.

We are looking at booking for next year, fly drive so we just make a deposit payment for now.

Hoping, fingers crossed he gets a new job soon. Today is closing date for a good job locally so we are hoping for an interview.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Hope this helps but when I went for a group interview I meet a older man he was 63, I was sat next to him and we got talking he said he had no change but I said to him there are 500 jobs going here and we are going to get one of the jobs each, he laughed and said never worked in an office in his life and was use to manual work. We both got offered jobs, did our training together even ended up on the same team. He carried on working until he was 77 he loved every minute and stayed well pass his retirement age it was only 25 hours a week. He did say it was because I helped him so much in the beginning with the computers, printers and filing, but most of all he was really lovely man who used to make use all laugh every day on the team. We still meet up 2 times a year to catch up and a chat.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

What a lovely story . 👍

Originally Posted by suehen View Post
Hope this helps but when I went for a group interview I meet a older man he was 63, I was sat next to him and we got talking he said he had no change but I said to him there are 500 jobs going here and we are going to get one of the jobs each, he laughed and said never worked in an office in his life and was use to manual work. We both got offered jobs, did our training together even ended up on the same team. He carried on working until he was 77 he loved every minute and stayed well pass his retirement age it was only 25 hours a week. He did say it was because I helped him so much in the beginning with the computers, printers and filing, but most of all he was really lovely man who used to make use all laugh every day on the team. We still meet up 2 times a year to catch up and a chat.