Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Always_dreaming
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mariesmith View Post
I think if all flights are full up early then Virgin, TUI etc would put more flights on. For european flights it said on the news Jet2 and other companies had extra flights being added to try and cover the missing Thomas Cook flights. If they can make money out of extra flights they will add more.

Last year we booked about 6 weeks before travelling from Glasgow with TUI direct to Sanford. I wouldn't worry too much about no flight beings available.
Ah ok thank you.

I am just used to book so far in advance, but choosing to go in August this time has thrown me as the prices are so high, and I don’t know what to do for the best! The way it’s going, I’d consider £850pp a bargain!
Always_dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by paddyaubs View Post
same boat and being as calm as i can on these things. i am sure there is a software thing that prices flights based on factors and its not a human reaction to the TC problem.

I would tell you what my plan is; but keeping it to myself just in case everyone steals it! ;-)

Have travelled the world indirect, so thats always going to be the fallback option
Haha can you not PM me (promise I won't tell) lol... ;-)))

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I would keep an eye on KLM site. They are showing good flight prices flying virgin and delta one stop at Atlanta. Man- mco. Your return date isn’t quite out yet though.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mariesmith View Post
I think if all flights are full up early then Virgin, TUI etc would put more flights on. For european flights it said on the news Jet2 and other companies had extra flights being added to try and cover the missing Thomas Cook flights. If they can make money out of extra flights they will add more.

Last year we booked about 6 weeks before travelling from Glasgow with TUI direct to Sanford. I wouldn't worry too much about no flight beings available.
I dont think putting on extra flights is like getting an extra coach, there are a lot of issues with airline transport.

It takes a long time to buy/ rent slots at airports at the time needed to allow extra planes. The airport has to agree increased traffic through the airport. The airlinEs have to have adequate planes, cabin crew, pilots.

Planning for flights starts many, many months in advance planes cannot just be 'put on'.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I dont think putting on extra flights is like getting an extra coach, there are a lot of issues with airline transport.

It takes a long time to buy/ rent slots at airports at the time needed to allow extra planes. The airport has to agree increased traffic through the airport. The airlinEs have to have adequate planes, cabin crew, pilots.

Planning for flights starts many, many months in advance planes cannot just be 'put on'.
I know its not as easy as adding an extra bus on a route but we're taking about fights next summer/August etc. I think thats plenty of time if extra flights are required due to the demise of Thomas Cook. If there's a demand they will manage it.
Mariesmith is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We're in the same situation. Virgin has just released the flights for our dates and it's over £1000 each! I've seen in-direct flights for just under £700 each but the flight times aren't great and with 2 young children we'd definitely prefer direct. I'm kicking myself for not booking direct flights with BA a few weeks ago at £720 each (which I thought was expensive but now I'm thinking it was a bargain! ).
Our plan is to keep monitoring flights until early in the new year. Fingers crossed a decent price will pop up but if not we'll then have to make a decision - pay ridiculous prices or cancel
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We never book before Christmas and always got good flights, I imagine many people will be put off because of the weak pound I would not worry
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrspodington
Getting Excited

We too are in the same position we need Man-MCO 29th July the MIA-MAN 19th August I really wanted direct outward and was happy with indirect inward but im really starting to worry now I'm happy to move dates but prices are just rising.
We are used to booking early but I'm being brave and holding off for now as over £1000pp is way above my budget for 4 adults 1 teen
Mrspodington is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
rnewman1
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Mrspodington View Post
We too are in the same position we need Man-MCO 29th July the MIA-MAN 19th August I really wanted direct outward and was happy with indirect inward but im really starting to worry now I'm happy to move dates but prices are just rising.
We are used to booking early but I'm being brave and holding off for now as over £1000pp is way above my budget for 4 adults 1 teen
Does anyone fly direct MIA - MAN? I can only see indirect via AA or BA?
rnewman1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerCub
Excited about Disney

Also anxious here. Our first time ever to the US and I'm attempting to DIY it!
TigerCub is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List