Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 May 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

Due to fly 12th August and due to pay £20k balance next week. Have filled out a "change of booking" form. Virgin have Whatsapp'd to say that the submission of the form will be date stamped in line with our balance date so we won't be penalised and we can use our deposit towards another holiday however we haven't received an email confirmation so are going to resend it this week and record it to be on the safe side.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Due to fly Aug 8th for 3 weeks

Car hire (alamo direct) and Accomodation already cancelled.

It was a non disney trip, so Universal refunded the 1 night deposit for the hotel
Universal also offered complimentary Annual Passes for our next visit (see the "well done universal" thread in the tickets forum, no time limit for those, so not in a hurry to rebook or reschedule.
fun spot america also refunded our APs

flights remain. We're booked through expedia, on LH/Swiss flights. And we're waiting for nearer the time, as expedia will not adress our reservation for now

not in a hurry for planning a next trip. The virus is here to stay. Timeframe for a vaccine is said to be no sooner than 18 months. So, since we're not tied to next year postponing/rescheduling bookings, 2020 and 2021 will focus on home improvement, and chilling by our pool (lucky to live in southern france were having a pool is highly enjoyable)

we have Cabana Bay inflatable tubes, Universal and Disney hotel mugs, Mickey swimshorts and towels, an extensive spotify disney playlist ... we'll make do
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

We were supposed to go on Aug 9th, so far -
Cancelled premier inn and hotel in Deerfield beach, full refund.
Spoke to Orlando Attractions about tickets, we could change Discovery cove ultimate tickets to next year, MNSSHP tickets we have left, hoping they cancel the event and we are refunded.
Fly drive - BA, left at the moment to see what will happen.
Villa, spoke to owner, couldn’t change our dates as they are looking to sell their villa, no refund of deposit.
I have asthma by parents are both over 70, not worth the risk by going.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We have fl6 drive booked with BA for 6-31st August.

I cancelled the DVC booking as we were staying at Aulani and I don’t think they will be letting the mainlanders in, let alone international tourists. Doesn’t look like California will be opening Disneyland yet either judging by with the Govenor has been saying (no mass gatherings over 500 people until after August), although that was over a month ago he said that.

I had 2 of our flights booked with Avios so I cancelled those and have book Orlando for myself and my husband in November.

We will cancel our fly drive and re-book for August 2021 once the flights are out.

I wonder if (holiday) international travel to the US without quarantine will be allowed by August?
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlie30
Getting Excited

Mobile

We were due to fly 10th August. United made the decision for us as they cancelled the flight route and offered a refund which came as quite a relief I have to admit.
Booked hotel with travel republic with only £5 deposit so cancelled that too. In the terms I’m sure it said £40 cancellation fee but no mention of it so which again is great.
The money is now in my savings for as soon as it is safe to travel again. Would love to book for May but I’m holding out until later in the year as a precaution.
We normally go in May but didn’t want to take the kids out of school anymore, this has proven that life is too short and precious to waste so aiming for May.
Old 18 May 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
kirkie11
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Hi all. Interesting reading all your options for cancelling/rescheduling your summer hols.

We're due to fly BA to Tampa on 15th Aug and are going to hold out for them to cancel the flight. We really don't want to go due to the risk of us actually catching it whilst we're out there. Plus the potential quarantine in the UK upon return. We're also travelling with my 67 year old mother in law who has asthma and has been in isolation since day 1, and still is.

We have a villa booked privately, and the UK owner has said he will refund the deposit and joy expect full balance if we can't make it.

Our Universal tickets, Discovery Cove, Kennedy Space and Legoland tickets we have booked so far will potentially be able to be refunded (less 20% fee) from Orlando Attractions and Attraction Tickets.

I personally think Trump won't necessarily reopen the borders anyway which will force our hand. Also we were due to fly from Gatwick and BA have currently suspended all flights from there for the foreseeable.

We're going to play the waiting game, albeit I will contact BA when the final flight balance is due and see where the land lies then with our flight. If we have to pay the full balance then so be it. If they cancel it nearer the time, we'll get a refund of the whole lot anyway. We have said that if we are able to fly, we will go as we won't be able to cancel the other stuff, so don't want to loose £5k!

Frustratingly out travel insurance is useless as it had a clause it wouldn't pay out if there was FCO advice to not fly and/or there was a fear of pandemic. We booked that in October so that wasn't even a concern at that point!

Anyway, hope everyone gets the outcome they are looking for in relation to their holidays. 🤞
kirkie11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
paddyaubs
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Niki Mouse View Post
We are meant to be flying on 15th Aug.

Flights paid in full with BA.
Hotels booked direct with Disney and HRH.

At the moment we are just waiting as currently would only get taxes back if we cancel flight.

Our balance with Disney is due 20th June, bit I saw someone say yesterday they are allowing the balance paid later... so at the moment will wait until we have to pay Disney and make a decision
Thats the same as us too; i just hope the decisions are made for us by governments so we can defer so sometime next year
paddyaubs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We were due to fly 14th August. BA fly drive booked but only paid the £300 deposit, villa booked and tickets booked, again only paid deposits. I have cancelled all elements, lost the deposit on the flights...yes I could have waited for it to be cancelled by BA but I just wanted it sorted as we don’t want to go, and transferred the villa booking to next August, aswell as the tickets. Got the airport lounge money back in way of a voucher from No1 lounge, the only element I haven’t got back is the overnight hotel at the Hilton which I booked using club card vouchers and some cash, but it’s non refundable so will suck it up.

I couldn’t bare looking at the BA app with the flight details so decided to just cancel and move on.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kirkie11 View Post
Hi all. Interesting reading all your options for cancelling/rescheduling your summer hols.

We're due to fly BA to Tampa on 15th Aug and are going to hold out for them to cancel the flight. We really don't want to go due to the risk of us actually catching it whilst we're out there. Plus the potential quarantine in the UK upon return. We're also travelling with my 67 year old mother in law who has asthma and has been in isolation since day 1, and still is.

We have a villa booked privately, and the UK owner has said he will refund the deposit and joy expect full balance if we can't make it.

Our Universal tickets, Discovery Cove, Kennedy Space and Legoland tickets we have booked so far will potentially be able to be refunded (less 20% fee) from Orlando Attractions and Attraction Tickets.

I personally think Trump won't necessarily reopen the borders anyway which will force our hand. Also we were due to fly from Gatwick and BA have currently suspended all flights from there for the foreseeable.

We're going to play the waiting game, albeit I will contact BA when the final flight balance is due and see where the land lies then with our flight. If we have to pay the full balance then so be it. If they cancel it nearer the time, we'll get a refund of the whole lot anyway. We have said that if we are able to fly, we will go as we won't be able to cancel the other stuff, so don't want to loose £5k!

Frustratingly out travel insurance is useless as it had a clause it wouldn't pay out if there was FCO advice to not fly and/or there was a fear of pandemic. We booked that in October so that wasn't even a concern at that point!

Anyway, hope everyone gets the outcome they are looking for in relation to their holidays. 🤞
Pretty much us too. There are 5 of us, so a bit scared about paying full amount and BA do fly, but 14 day is in place...
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi All,

We are due to fly 17th Aug for 2 weeks:

Flights with Aer Lingus booked and paid for in full, they are currently allowing the flight date to be changed but when I looked for Easter 2021 they wanted an extra £2,700 on top of what we have already paid!

10 nights at POR with dining and tickets booked through Disney, balance due 22nd June (didn't realise they have reduced the balance to 35 days before, you would think they would emailing customers that info)

4 nights at Universal Endless Summer with tickets booked with ATD

At this moment we are holding fire in the hope that the flight will be cancelled so we can get a refund, then hopefully a refund from Disney and ATD, only time will tell.

We will struggle with dates next year due to prior commitments and DD doing her GCSE's next year, given Easter as the only time we could really go and it seems way more expensive then!

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List