Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Apr 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
do you ever look at other poeple in your photos...

...and wonder what are they doing now?

hubby and i was looking back at holiday photos last night and husband zoomed in on a woman who was looking daggers at the camera lol
we have had people who photo bomb our selfies which was funny but i started to wonder, what are these people doing right now? (photo from aug 2018 trip)
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

I often wonder how many other peoples photos i am in, lurking in the background (or possibly photobombing by accident or maybe even on purpose 😂 )
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Our first visit we did the Halloween party and ate at one of the park restaurants beforehand. On one of our photos there was a family from the U.K. from another well know Disney forum, it wasn’t until I saw the photos I recognised them from their previous trip reports. Had I realised they were there I would have gone and said hello.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I had, what I thought, was a lovely photo of the four of us blown up and put on our living room wall - my cousin came over who is a real wind up merchant and he delighted in pointing out the man in the background emptying the rubbish bins! 😂 Now whenever I look at our ‘favourite’ picture all I can notice is the bin man! 😂😂
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by All-smiles View Post
I'll be honest I do the daggers since we had our daughter. We have 0 photos of her online or her info but nowadays there are cameras everywhere! It makes me cross that so many people just take pictures of kids in the background and then they will likely be put on social media. I usually now try jump in front of her and give dagger eyes haaa.
I totally understand that you do not want your daughters photo online, but surely there is no danger from a random photo of someone you don’t even know? Genuine question, I’m not being argumentative etc., possibly I don’t know all the facts etc and I get it in a setting where a person could be identified, but a random snap in a foreign country? I also put photos of my kids online, so I’m looking at it from a different perspective, but I’m just interested to know x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I enjoy photography, I am far from the best but I do love a good photo 😁 so I try to take pictures with no one in the background or at least with them in the distance so you can’t make them out. So really the only photos I have of others are on ride photos, I have giggled at a few of those. However I hate it when people do a staged pose on a ride, I don’t want some random people pretending to be asleep on my ride photos 🙈🤣🤣
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I'll be honest I do the daggers since we had our daughter. We have 0 photos of her online or her info but nowadays there are cameras everywhere! It makes me cross that so many people just take pictures of kids in the background and then they will likely be put on social media. I usually now try jump in front of her and give dagger eyes haaa.
Unfortunately I think it’s inevitable to be in someone’s background.
Especially on rides etc
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

My screen saver on my iPad is of my kids in a booth in Applebee’s and in the background is a waitress taking someone else’s order. I probably see that waitress more times a day than I do DH
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

How are people going to take particularly holiday snaps where there are bound to be other tourists around including children without getting background people in? Especially at WDW. Take a photo in front of any attraction there will be people In it.

Taking s picture of someone else's child is s big no no. However to avoid people be they young or old in the background is going to be hard.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

I can honestly say I take hundreds of photos and I've never considered whether there's anyone in the background or not, my interest is on my children.
It sounds really OTT to say they can't be on the background in others photos and completely unrealistic too. I know of many people who don't post pictures of their children on SM (I work in Safeguarding) but they don't worry about them being seen by strangers with no identifying information because they go out in public anyway.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List