Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jul 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
You know what I mean though, I'm sure the villa owners and transatlantic airlines need people back more than the theme parks do
Villa owners seems to be making more than a normal year according to my management company owner friends
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I stand corrected
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Wendybarbara
Looking for my Ears

There has been another notification from gov.U.K. This morning about what to do if you test positive while in the usa
Wendybarbara is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
You know what I mean though, I'm sure the villa owners and transatlantic airlines need people back more than the theme parks do
Due to the lack of UK & European guests, US residents are finding villas and all other sorts of accommodation easier to come by and are booking at short notice as the availability is there unlike UK & European guests who book way in advance therefore blocking accommodation options off.

As an example when I released my cancelled July trip dates they were rebooked by American guests within 2 hours of me opening my booking calendar up.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Don't Americans tend to go back to school and work around mid August? We used to go to Florida late August and I would say there was more Brazilians and Europeans in the parks than Americans at those times.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Americans go to Disney in great numbers at all times of the year.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
Americans go to Disney in great numbers at all times of the year.
To be fair I haven't been to Disney since 2014 but Universal is usually very quiet from mid August and I have never really had to line up for much.

I wonder if the travel will die down in mid August in the States like it usually does or if this year will be different.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
To be fair I haven't been to Disney since 2014 but Universal is usually very quiet from mid August and I have never really had to line up for much.

I wonder if the travel will die down in mid August in the States like it usually does or if this year will be different.
Having been to Universal and Disney at all times of the year over time, I haven't really ever experienced any quietness. But with kids going back to school in August and September, that's a good time to go, if you don't mind the heat and hurricane season. And then it will pick back up again as Halloween approaches.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
Having been to Universal and Disney at all times of the year over time, I haven't really ever experienced any quietness. But with kids going back to school in August and September, that's a good time to go, if you don't mind the heat and hurricane season. And then it will pick back up again as Halloween approaches.
2017, the year Volcano Bay opened. We watched vlogs on the run up to our trip in October and it was at max capacity nearly every day, with looooong queues and the Tapu Tapu virtual queue devices glitching. We turned up and expected the worst. Turns out it was a “cold” day in Orlando (a taps aff day in Scotland) and we must have been 2 of 30 people in the park that day. Everything was walk on. At one point we had the entire pool in front of the volcano to ourselves! The year it opened! The parks were relatively quiet too. Not sure what happened that year but it was bliss.
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lemmiwinkles View Post
2017, the year Volcano Bay opened. We watched vlogs on the run up to our trip in October and it was at max capacity nearly every day, with looooong queues and the Tapu Tapu virtual queue devices glitching. We turned up and expected the worst. Turns out it was a “cold” day in Orlando (a taps aff day in Scotland) and we must have been 2 of 30 people in the park that day. Everything was walk on. At one point we had the entire pool in front of the volcano to ourselves! The year it opened! The parks were relatively quiet too. Not sure what happened that year but it was bliss.
Nice! I know you took good advantage of it!