Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Mar 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile What A Scandal

Just seen a email from a friend of mine trying to sort out her flights with Aer Lingus due to fly to NY tomorrow, they are charging €5 per person per ticket to talk about their reservation. That sickens me to my stomach
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

5 euros each to talk to them ?

that cant be right ? and surely if the flight is tomorrow this must have been sorted before 24 hours to go ?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
5 euros each to talk to them ?

that cant be right ? and surely if the flight is tomorrow this must have been sorted before 24 hours to go ?
Just looked on there web site... yes it says €5 per traveller to talk to them regarding bookings...

How disgraceful... shame on them...
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by julie b View Post
Just looked on there web site... yes it says €5 per traveller to talk to them regarding bookings...

How disgraceful... shame on them...
really do you have a link

how does that work you make a card payment & they then speak to you

Edited at 03:26 PM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

really do you have a link

how does that work you make a card payment & they then speak to you
Just go to there main web... this is what it says... Our call centre and social media channels

We're currently experiencing high call volumes and social media enquiries. We've expanded our teams, but we know that guests are having difficulty getting through to us. We're really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

We ask that you only contact us directly if you're due to fly with us in the next 72 hours. Your cooperation is much appreciated. We also ask that you read of all the information below before contacting us directly - your question may be answered.

There's a €5 administration charge per person, per flight for calls to our reservations team. This is to allow our team to focus on assisting guests with immediate travel plans within 72 hours. Of course if you require special assistance when booking, we'll waive this fee.
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

hmm

that sort of contradicts itself only call us if flying in next 72 hours , then says 5 euros is so they can concentrate on those travelling in next 72 hours... suggests to me that 5 euro is for those outside of 72 hours, maybe to put them off calling ?

could be wrong of course... then its a right ripoff

although notwithstanding how was a flight to the US not sorted < 24 hours to go when transatlantic flights have been stopped for week(s) now?

Edited at 05:30 PM.
Old 26 Mar 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

hmm

that sort of contradicts itself only call us if flying in next 72 hours , then says 5 euros is so they can concentrate on those travelling in next 72 hours... suggests to me that 5 euro is for those outside of 72 hours, maybe to put them off calling ?

although notwithstanding how was a flight to the US not sorted < 24 hours to go when transatlantic flights have been stopped for week(s) now?
Like some other things at the minute it’s a grey area...I’m due to fly to Miami with them mid sept. Lost this weeks holiday should have been in Lanzarote...May week Benidorm gonna go next so I’m praying now for sept...
Old 27 Mar 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post

hmm

That is how I read it too and as such, seems like a good idea so those that most need to get through can.

Having said that, I have just looked and there is no mention of any charge.

Edited at 09:57 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
That is how I read it too and as such, seems like a good idea so those that most need to get through can.

Having said that, I have just looked and there is no mention of any charge.
If you go to there website then on COVID 19 update scroll down it is clearly there... I have just seen it..
Old 27 Mar 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

We're currently experiencing high call volumes and social media enquiries. We've expanded our teams, but we know that guests are having difficulty getting through to us. We're really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
We ask that you only contact us directly if you're due to fly with us in the next 72 hours. Your cooperation is much appreciated. We also ask that you read of all the information below before contacting us directly - your question may be answered.
There's a €5 administration charge per person, per flight for calls to our reservations team. This is to allow our team to focus on assisting guests with immediate travel plans within 72 hours. Of course if you require special assistance when booking, we'll waive this fee.
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List