Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Feb 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

ToT Hollywood Studios - Guardians of the Galaxy Theme?

I was on youtube watching vlogs earlier and see that they are going to follow in California's footsteps and change it to a Guardians of the Galaxy theme.

This change is supposedly happening in Spring/Sumer 2019 and instead of closing the ride completely, they will close off half the ride at a time.

What are your thoughts on this?
Old 22 Feb 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I think you might have crossed wires here, I believe that it is the one at DLP Studios that is the one in question. I would see no point in them doing it with ToT at Florida when a Guardian of the Galaxy Rollercoaster Ride is already being built in Epcot

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Current rumour (which has been going around for awhile) is the licence on Twilight Zone runs out soon. Disney haven't been renewing any non-IP licences in recent years, so I'd be shocked if it doesn't get rethemed.

But according to WDWNT, a minor retheme to remove the TZ stuff and be similar to DisneySea's version is more likely than DCA's full rework.

Edited at 09:27 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Well thats going to be an interesting change as the sight lines from epcot have to be considered.
Also its going to be a much bigger change then Cali as Florida has the corridor that you ride through which they don't have in Cali.
Also does this mean they are going to rename the sunset blvd as it would make not sense if it was no longer the hotel.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Ah I didn't know that, but again not sure they would use Guardians because of the other ride but who am I to say? I have certainly not seen/heard anything from Disney that this is about to happen.

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
Well thats going to be an interesting change as the sight lines from epcot have to be considered.
Also its going to be a much bigger change then Cali as Florida has the corridor that you ride through which they don't have in Cali.
Also does this mean they are going to rename the sunset blvd as it would make not sense if it was no longer the hotel.
I think they gave up caring about sight lines years ago, sadly. The giant Guardians building is going to ruin a lot of sight lines as it is.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Here is the link for the vlog that says about the change to Hollywood Studios ToT

Its about 2/3rd of the way into the vlog

Edited at 09:53 PM.
welshmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Current rumour (which has been going around for awhile) is the licence on Twilight Zone runs out soon. Disney haven't been renewing any non-IP licences in recent years, so I'd be shocked if it doesn't get rethemed
This is what I read when I looked into it a bit more.
Old 22 Feb 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaz Lear
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Mobile

IMO Tower of Terror is the last great attraction Disney created.

But the way are going they will make a mess of it just like they make a mess of most things they do these days
Old 22 Feb 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Would they change the theme before Star Wars and The Mickey ride open? To me that seems unlikely. Limiting capacity by closing the ride in half with a refurb while there is so much being done in the park already is going to be frustrating. Aerosmith has also rumoured to be changed as well.

Edited at 10:53 PM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List