Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Feb 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mlc
Getting Excited

Flight of Passage question

Never having managed to get on this, this year im doing it, question is is it suitable for a 72 year old? Or is it awful jerky and things flying at you? Thanks in advance for any info you can give me
mlc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

Mobile

I think you will be fine, it’s fairly intense, a bit like Spider-Man crosses with Soarin. Not too jerky we loved it .
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

It is very smooth. More like you are observing from above and swooping towards it.

Keep your glasses on though - you can wear the 3d ones over the top. I made the mistake of not wearing mine thinking it might be jerky and everything was slightly out of focus.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes it’s quite smooth and not jerky. I took my hands off the handle bars as it felt like I was flying!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mumtotwo
slightly serious Dibber

My mum is 85 and she did this at Christmas, it was one of her favourite rides! The first favourite was Soarin'. I was worried that she would be nervous because of heights but oh no. Go for it. It is like sitting on a motorbike with supports against your legs and back and you hold on to the handlebars. A great ride.
Mumtotwo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
thelegalbeagle
Proud to wear my Ears

'Spiderman crossed with Soarin' is a good description.

Didn't love the queue, loved the ride. Using that tech in a ride that had you piloting a TIE fighter, that would be something...
thelegalbeagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mlc
Getting Excited

Thank you so much for the information I really appreciate it x
mlc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It’s very much like Soarin, it isn’t like Spider-Man as in Spider-Man you are in a moving car. Here the thing you sit on just moves up and down a little bit. Both myself and my family were a bit underwhelmed with the ride, we were expecting more than a jazzed up Soarin to be honest.
Old 24 Feb 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I can't see why a 72 year old can't ride it if they are into rides in general.

Unfortunately it made me feel sick to look when we were on it. 😔 However, My family thought it was the best ride at Disney.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
bigkid2014
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I also don’t see it as like Spider-Man. I find Spider-Man a very rough ride. FOP very very smooth. I struggled though with motion sickness. You will love it if you have a good stomach.
bigkid2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List