Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Feb 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I'm not sure why anyone would want to, it's a bit far and not very safe from a wildlife and traffic angle.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I'm not sure why anyone would want to, it's a bit far and not very safe from a wildlife and traffic angle.
Well that's what I was thinking - there would have to be an official walkway if it is possible
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
ON a FB group somebody told me you can walk to HS and EPCOT from Caribbean Beach is that really so? Is there a walkway like the one from Boardwalk to HS or does it involve slogging through wasteland and alligators?
Interesting that whoever told you that it could be done didn't say that they had done it. However, according to google maps, there is a connector pathway between HS and the Boardwalk, it passes underneath the main highway between the two.
Old 12 Feb 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Why waste time walking on your precious holiday. It’s not cost effective!
Old 12 Feb 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
Interesting that whoever told you that it could be done didn't say that they had done it. However, according to google maps, there is a connector pathway between HS and the Boardwalk, it passes underneath the main highway between the two.
The walkway from DHS to the Epcot resorts is well known and well travelled. As you say it passes under the main road. There’s nowhere I can see that there’s a similar under pass from CBR and it’s all trees in between.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Definitely no! For a start there are no pedestrian crossings anywhere along the main road out of CBR and no walkways either. The whole area is cars and buses only!
Old 12 Feb 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
Well that's what I was thinking - there would have to be an official walkway if it is possible
There isn't so it isn't.
File info under the same catagory as the fb posters who think you need 6 months on a Bristish passport.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
SoraX17
Helping Mickey

I have stayed at CBR twice and have never seen signs of a walkway to the parks. I would never dream of walking to one,even if you could. You do enough walking,once you get there and when there is free transport on tap,it's a no brainer!
SoraX17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

They are putting in a gondola 🚠. I don’t think they’d be doing that if you could walk.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The answer is definitely no. Hotels to parks you can walk from the Contemporary to MK. From the Yacht, Beach Club, Boardwalk hotels to DHS and Epcot. And that’s it for walking from hotels to the parks.