Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Sep 14, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post

What's the best Disney character meal?

Would like to treat the kids to a character meal whilst there next year... any suggestions to which is the best and why?

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 14, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
electo
Imagineer

we like the garden grill at epcot

the character are mickey mouse pluto chip N dale

they interact with you for about 5 mins or so

its a sit down meal (family stile) the food is brought to your table and its all you can eat and drink

its a lot quieter than the others not to many screaming kids running around

also its a revolving restaurant and all the veg and fish are grown in epcot
2012/16/18 rosen inn at pointe orlando
2024 storey lake villa
electo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 14, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerTanaka
Trying for More Ears

I like the Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom (Pooh, Piglet etc) as there is a different character round every few minutes or so. Book an early breakfast so you have finished well before the gates open and you are in pole position for the busy rides.

Cinderella's Table was good but I wouldn't bother unless you are on the DDP as it is pricy.

Whatever you decide, book a reservation as soon as you can.
2005: Pop Century, Orlando | 2006: Newport Bay Club, Paris | 2007: Disneyland Hotel, Anaheim | 2008: Port Orleans Riverside, Orlando | 2013: Saratoga Springs, Orlando | 2015: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Orlando | 2016: Off site, Hong Kong | 2017: Port Orleans French Quarter, Orlando | 2017: Hilton Anaheim, Anaheim | 2019: Caribbean Beach, Orlando | 2022: Caribbean Beach, Orlando
TigerTanaka is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 14, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
In 2012 we went to chef mickey, crystal palace, tusker house, cinderellas royal castle, Cape may and akershus royal banquet. All depends on which characters you want to meet. Breakfast at tusker house was the best for meeting the main characters and breakfast was good, akershus had the best food overall and CRT was the best location.
Old 27 Sep 14, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
shaz luvs tink
Imagineer

We have done most but our new favourite is park fayre, food was the best we experienced at a character breakfast. The character interaction was by far the best we had.
shaz luvs tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 14, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
tusker house breakfast!

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 14, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
xcited
Excited about Disney

Crystal palace gets my vote. Lovely setting, great character interaction, nice food.
tusker house characters are great, good variety of food, but I didn't like the setting, seemed very noisy to me.
Wasn't keen on the food at akershus, but it was nice to meet the princesses.
it depends on which characters you want to meet really. The only one of the three we intend to repeat next time is crystal palace.
Old 28 Sep 14, 05:29 AM  
Link to this Post
miss lumpy
Excited about Disney

We have just done tucker house last week. Read good reviews. On the dibb and was really looking forwards to it. But I have to say it turned out to be my least favorate one so far

It's a huge place we waited ages for the characters to come around and then you only saw them the once.
It was also very busy and noisy too..
Our server I thought was ok, he brought our check to the table after we had come back from the Buffett and said " just in case you wanted to leave early because there is a huge downpour on its way
It made us aware that our plans for the day in the park needed to change for when it rained
Has we left the resteraunt into glorious sunshine looking for the dark clouds( of which none appeared) later we realised maybe he made it up to get rid of us quicker.. Not a good impression to come away with

The food was differerent to the usuall fare

It was just ok I wouldn't go again
Our favorate. Was ohanas
Old 28 Sep 14, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Our favourite is the garden grill dinner at Epcot. It's much smaller so we got a lot more time with the characters who were great - mickey, Pluto, chip and dale. Food was delicious too

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 14, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybabes
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

The Garden Grill at Epcot is our favourite and we have even paid for it a few times outside of our QSDP, its Chip and Dale, Pluto not to big so great interaction and the food is really nice.

However if you want to meet Mickey and Minnie and you don't mind if the kids eat cakes and M&M's lol this one is my DS favourite Chef Mickey's (crazy mental) it was loud, characters stopping every 10 mins and we did get the best photos, after a 3 year break am doing it again next year but its not everyones cup of tea.

Honestly depends on who you want to see, we had no daughters at the time so haven't seen the princesses but its on my to do list this year :0)
Disneybabes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread