Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Aug 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Just returned yesterday flying from MCO my wife and I received TSA pre check when receiving boarding passes. My other family members did not receive this on their tickets even though we were all flying VS PE when they enquired it was provided at random. Certainly it did the reduce the queueing time and di not have to remove laptops ipads etc and shoes.
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I’m not sure that it’s totally random. It has an impact on how much security you have to do (shoes, iPads, belts etc) so it must be based on something linking to your being low risk, ie frequent traveller etc.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
CRISSY61
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

It was shown after checking in on our virgin outbound flights from Manchester this year & we were really pleased to see this as we have experienced pre check on return flights in both economy & premium . Sadly it didn’t mean anything at all at Manchester & the return wasn’t pre check this time. Why put it on yr passes if it’s not available?
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We had it recently for our New York - mco leg and were able to make use of it.

On the return only our DD had it so it was less useful as we stick together.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
I’m not sure that it’s totally random. It has an impact on how much security you have to do (shoes, iPads, belts etc) so it must be based on something linking to your being low risk, ie frequent traveller etc.
I always got it on my old passport , I always assumed it was the frequent often indirect flights to the West coast or more likely my AA frequent flyer status . When I renewed my passport last year it disappeared. I miss it (but not enough to pay to apply for it as I saw somewhere you can do)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

When we came back from mco in December my mum got this, none of the rest of us did. She has never been selected before nor does she fly often.
Has to be luck of the draw.
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

I had it at Miami airport on the way home, apart from not having to take my shoes off and remove my iPad from my handbag , I still had to queue up to put my hand luggage on the belt , the only difference was I didn’t go through the scanner gateway I went round the side of it , my family were through just as quick as I did .i didn’t see any “ priority “ must have saved me about 30 seconds less time than the rest and I then waited for my hand luggage to reappear from the conveyor belt 🤔
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
I had it at Miami airport on the way home, apart from not having to take my shoes off and remove my iPad from my handbag , I still had to queue up to put my hand luggage on the belt , the only difference was I didn’t go through the scanner gateway I went round the side of it , my family were through just as quick as I did .i didn’t see any “ priority “ must have saved me about 30 seconds less time than the rest and I then waited for my hand luggage to reappear from the conveyor belt 🤔
In New York it was a different much shorter queue.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
At MCO it’s also a separate, much shorter, queue.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
In New York it was a different much shorter queue.
Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
At MCO it’s also a separate, much shorter, queue.
Come to think of it I’m sure I have had pre-check before at a different airport to Miami which took me to a completely different queue which got me through much quicker .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List