Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Oct 10, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Whats cheap and whats not?

Hi All, i am going to Orlando for the first time this xmas. I am a shopoholic and can out do my wife any day. Can you good people please help by letting me know what IS a good buy in the area and what is NOT. Let me know if you think it is a bargain or good value or weather you think you got ripped off. All info more than welcome.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 10, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jollymon
Imagineer

Jollymon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
At the minute an IPad is a reasonable purchase, with the 64GB Wi-Fi working out around £120 cheaper. I find DVD's and CD's to be very expensive in the USA.
Jollymon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 10, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Clothes at the outlets are great value Timberland,North face,Levi's etc if you are looking for trainers etc... have a quick look here to see the prices to give you an idea even though they do have different styles in the US what might seem cheap is not always.
In June my OH wanted a fancy mouse for his PC we were in Best buy and went on the test pc there logged into a UK site he uses and it was $10 dearer in the US even though it is a US brand.
Netbooks can be cheaper,but really it depends what you are looking for.
Sadly the days of $2 to the £ are now gone so it's not all cheap,but there are definately bargains to still be had.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 10, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
bexlee1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

My DH likes his labels, Ed Hardy and True Religion but i wont let him buy them over here as they are so expensive! The one shop that sells them where we live costs about £300 for a pair of jeans but he picked some up in the outlets for $79, also t- shirts for $20, he was a very happy bunny indeed. Happy spending!
bexlee1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 10, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Guess is a great bargain, always get a couple of bags/purses. Levis and Gap are good value. I like the timberland shops to but they do very little now in the womens wear. These are all the outlet stores. I found clinique etc much the same as home.
Old 25 Oct 10, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I find clothes/shoes are the cheapest. DVD's/CD's/Computer Games you can get occasional bargains in the likes of Target/Walmart but not much cheaper than UK. You can also get some good deals on luggage - which you might need if you are a shopaholic

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 10, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Another vote for the Guess shop! I also think that the fossil shop at the lbv outletes (i always get mixed up prime or premium?) get some good designer watches there, i always picks up dkny ones for no more than $39.99. The sketcher shop can have some good bargains aswell. DH loves the Sean John Shop by pdiddy normall have good offers on tshirts.
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 10, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
steph smith
Being a bit Goofy

ross dress 4 less great and j c penneys
steph smith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 10, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post

We found the men's clothes shopping soo much better than the girls

My husband and son got enough clothes to last 2 years. Best buy for men, IMHO, was by far Nautica and Hilfiger. Nautica in particular was cheap+++. We went to both Prime and Premium outlets, there is different stock in both, and I would recommend doing both, as well as Hilfiger in Lake Buena Vista outlets. Join the Prime and Premium outlets vip clubs before you go, both you and your wife, and print off the discounts. These are greater discounts than vouchers, or any that you will pick up there. Found Timberland and Ralph Lauren cheap as well. My husband is not a shopper, and he loved it!

Edited at 10:57 AM.
Old 26 Oct 10, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
disneylover
Imagineer

Would definetly agree that Nautica, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren and even Lacoste at Premium is cheaper than over here. I bought Lacoste mens Polo shirts for $35.00 over here around £55.00. My husband always buys Timberland jeans as he likes the fit. We sometimes get trainers but only if theres a good deal on a style we like. I tend to buy more things from Victorias Secrets and Bath & Body Works.