Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Sep 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ICECUBEQUEEN
Excited about Disney

POR vs CBR

Admin please delete thread

2010 DLP Santa Fe 2011 DLP Sequoia Lodge 2012 WDW All Stars Music & Royal Pacific Resort 2017 Sheraton Vistana Resort & Hard Rock Hotel 2019 DLP Newport Bay 2020 Currently in the planning stages!

Edited at 02:24 PM.
ICECUBEQUEEN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Done both of them and would go with POR every time. Corner rooms brighter as two windows if thats important to you. These are only my opinion, others rave about CBR.
CBR Personally I dont like the idea of the skyliner & no aircon in it (so I'm told) & when we were there the bus service was not good at all, lots of people complaining about missing their Breakfast ADR's due to no buses coming or if they did they were already full and went straight past but having said that I think they have added extra buses or changed the system since then plus there is the skyliner. We were given an 'upgrade' to a Pirate Room (for 2 adults) as they are the furthest away from everything so not a great take up unless you have children nuts on Pirates. Pleasant enough walk from everything when it was not 90 degrees. Lovely quiet pool as only us in it most days. Only ate there once & was pleasant enough. Note hotel we would go back to unless a really good deal on it.
POR - buses were always good, corner room nice and lovely walk over the bridge to the main buildings. Loved getting the boat to and from Disney Springs. Quiet pool again lovely (as two adults we tend to avoid big main pools if possible) Boatwrights nice for food & best ice cream I've had in WDW. Bar always alive and buzzing especially when YeeHa Bob in on. Have actually driven there just to see him when he is on.
With a saving of £1000 you could do a few extras (after hours at parks or Special events).
Others will come on with more comments so just check all the comments out and ask more questions then make your choice.
What ever you choose you will have a lovely time.
Old 6 Sep 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Port Orleans riverside is a lovely resort plus you also have the use of everything at POFQ. Just come back from a 21 night stay and would stay there again. Buses very regular. Loved it.
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve only stayed at cbr while hype were having refurb work done so admittedly not the best point of view.

Cbr had the sky liner direct link to both Epcot and Hollywood studios which would be really nice but I wonder how the sky liner will impact the tranquility of the resort,
Dining option are new so should be quite good

POR has the boat to Disney springs and no overhanging gondolas additionally it appears to be a smaller resort

For my money I would go for POR but it’s personal preference

Just a side not in reference to the sky liners not having air con, this exact system without a/c operates in far hotter counties without any problems so I doubt it will be a problem
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List