Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 27 Nov 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Another run of great reviews. I am booking our ADRs at the moment and your trip report is helping!
I too love the lantern photo. Glad you enjoyed Mickey’s party!
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Cali grill food looks lovely. Glad you enjoyed the party.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

The lantern photo is lovely. I've heard about Skippers on a few vlogs and Cali Grill looks lovely too, shame about the view though xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for sharing, your fabulous report has kept me entertained whilst feeling sorry for myself with a yucky virus 😊
Old 28 Nov 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Shame you didn’t love your CG dinner. And yes, that’s not really the view you’re hoping for is it?!

Glad you had a great time at MNSSHP! We never managed to get the lantern photo, yours is so cute!
If I'd been staying at the Contemporary and had that view I'd probably have enjoyed it but it definitely wasn't what I wanted at CG Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Your Cali Grill meal seems better than ours even though it still doesnt look worth the price tag. I imagine it makes a real difference to have a window table but we weren't that lucky.

I'd have been happy with the colour of that steak and I like mine medium so yeah doesn't look medium rare to me. I always order it medium well though as it comes under, except at the Cali Grill where it came well done! So maybe they have a thing with over cooking steak.

Love the Tangled lantern photo! I wanted this so badly but I look half dead in mine because we'd done MK open to close and I was indeed half dead lol. I was determined to get that darned photo though!
I definitely think the table makes a huge different to the CG experience, although it probably shouldn't. I don't think I'll be rushing back despite Nik really enjoying it.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I love the tangled photo. The dinner at cali grill looks divine. Surely you have to have steak there! But a shame it meant you didn't get to do all the mnsshp snacking you wanted.
I felt like I was being very boring constantly ordering steak, next time I am going to be better!

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
Ooooo are you going to review to M. Paul? 😊😊😊😊
Yes! I was very excited to eat there.

Originally Posted by Tassiriki View Post
Another run of great reviews. I am booking our ADRs at the moment and your trip report is helping!
I too love the lantern photo. Glad you enjoyed Mickey’s party!
Ooo tell me more about your ADRs, the most exciting part of planning!

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Cali grill food looks lovely. Glad you enjoyed the party.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
The lantern photo is lovely. I've heard about Skippers on a few vlogs and Cali Grill looks lovely too, shame about the view though xx
I'd recommend Skippers over Cali Grill

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Thanks for sharing, your fabulous report has kept me entertained whilst feeling sorry for myself with a yucky virus 😊
I hope you're feeling better! Thank you for reading xxx
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

We're having our annual Turkey Day dinner and after three hours in the kitchen I'm taking a break from the meal prep to post an update.

DAY 14

Our last full day

I was up early to do laundry and whilst it was in the washer I went to the food court for breakfast.

Grande Fiesta Scrambled Eggs with Carved Ham and Bacon or Sausage served with Home Fries

I asked for Hash Browns instead of the Home Fries and this was no problem. This was a great breakfast, the sausages were pork and tasted like the sausage patties from Tusker House, I could have eaten an entire plate of them.

Breakfast with an apple juice came to $15.21.

I'd treated myself to another bag last night in MK. My hand luggage was a holdall and it was too cumbersome so I needed a backpack to replace it for the journey home. I love this so much.

We headed to Epcot with a very long to-do list as we had a lot of Food & Wine booths still to tackle. We valet parked at the Boardwalk and walked to the park.

First stop of the day was lunch at Chef de France. The final piece of Unfinished Business.

CHEFs DE FRANCE

You can see the menu here: disneyworld.disney.go/en...e/menus/lunch/

This was probably my favourite overall restaurant in 2017 so I was excited to be back here.

Love the freshly baked baguette.

Assiette campagnarde (Charcuterie) Rustic assortment of French patés and charcuteries

I was torn over what to start with as I wanted to try something different but I loved this charcuterie last time and couldn't resist having it again. It was just as good as last time, particularly when you pair it with the baguette!

For Nik, what else!? Bisque de homard (Lobster Bisque)

He says this is Disney's best lobster bisque!

Our server was so lovely, he offered to take a picture of us. I really liked him and felt so awful for him as an American group at the next table were giving him a really hard time about their order, they wanted something that wasn't on the menu and he went back and forth to the kitchen multiple times before eventually having to bring the chef back with him.

Canard ŕ l’orange, purée de patates douces et courgettes (Seared Duck Breast) Seared duck breast and leg confit, sweet potato purée and zucchini, sauce a l'orange

I was determined not to order steak This doesn't look very appetising, it reminded me of something you'd be server at school dinners (not that they served duck at my school ). I liked the breast but not the confit. The orange flavouring wasn't overpowering and the sweet potato mash was gorgeous.

Gratin de macaroni Macaroni baked with Cream and Gruyčre cheese

Nik enjoyed this but would have liked it to be a bit saucier.

Cygne au chocolat Swan cream puff filled with vanilla ice cream with chocolate mousse, chocolate sauce, and chocolate ice cream

Nicely presented and as yummy as it looks.

Tarte au chocolat Chocolate tart with Valrhona chocolate, chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream

This was nice enough but nothing to get overly excited about.

Lunch came to $110.36 with a $21 tip. We enjoyed our meal and I'd like to go at dinner sometime for some more ambience. Chefs is a lovely restaurant and you really feel like you are in France.

I was pretty full from lunch but I was determined to keep going with Food & Wine. It was Friday so pretty busy.

Ireland

Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Irish Brown Bread – $5.00

The bread was much nicer and lighter than it looks but the dip itself was SO strong. Not for me.

CANADA

Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce – $8.25

I've had a steal a picture of this as I don't seem to have mine.

I've had this before and enjoyed it but this time it was impossible to eat with the plastic cutlery. I could not cut it at all and I'd only have been able to eat it if I'd torn at it with my teeth. Very disappointing for the money.

Appleseed Orchard

Caramel-Apple Popcorn – $10.00

This was SO bad. Not even as nice as Butterkist Popcorn and I paid for it!

The Frozen Raspberry Lemonade slushy machine was working at The Land snack cart today.

This was nice and tangy, but still not as good as the Joffrey's ones.

The queues for all of the booths were pretty big and I was finding Food & Wine not as much fun now we we were paying OOP. Sadly we abandoned our mission with quite a few booths left to visit. Maybe next year will be the one we complete our quest in!?

Next, Monsieur Paul
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m sooooo hoping you likes M. Paul! 😊😊😊

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Cali Grill looked good, not the perfect table but there's worse believe me

Chef's de France looked very nice too, I'm the opposite though - I prefer confit leg to breast
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We did Chefs de France years ago and I always swore we’d go back but have never managed it. It’s on my list for the next time we have DDP!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm glad Nik enjoyed his soup at Chefs, more lovely meals. I'm mostly interested in your thanksgiving dinner though, you've mentioned it before and I decided to copy you this year but we're having ours this weekend as work got in the way on Thursday

I've got the turkey out and I'm ready to make my stuffing and mash and gravy. Do you have a pumpkin or pecan pie for dessert? Max wasn't keen on pumpkin or pecan so we've ended up with a berry strudel I know it's hardly American but still at least pastry based! I hope your meal was delicious. I'm aiming for the perfect Garden Grill dinner. We'll see how it turns out.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List