Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 7 May 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

Mobile Any beach recommendations outside of Florida?

Hi, we’re thinking about next years holiday, and I am after any recommendations for East Coast USA areas to go. We will have 3 children with us (6, 3, 1) and ideally would like somewhere on the coast or lake? With plenty to explore in the area, with young children in tow? Any ideas? I was thinking maybe Cape Cod or white mountains, has anyone been and can recommend? Or anywhere else to consider. We’d be looking at going end Aug/early Sept if it makes any difference.

Thanks!
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

I have friends in the USA they go every year to the Outerbanks N Carolina.
Old 9 May 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Weather is hit or miss in new England. We went July and it poured when we were in white mountains so limited what we could do. Even got soaked running to restaurant from car and then froze as they had the ac on but in Boston it was 95 deg .stayed in the Hilton which had rooftop pool .too expensive for us this time though.
If you want warm further south maybe better but it would be hurricane season

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hilton Head Island in S.Carolina or Golden Isles in Georgia? Not been yet but researching for next year!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Not strictly speaking (or any other speaking) outside Florida... but have you had a look at the Florida Panhandle? we went a couple of years back and absolutely loved it. Very different to the rest of Florida and with pretty predictable hot weather.

Pensacola is good, as is Destin with the Beach in front of Henderson State Park and also Crab Island for the boat hire.. The beaches were as good as any I have ever been on. From Pensacola beach you can also get to New Orleans in a bit more than 3 hours.

if you need to know what we did there, then just ask!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 06:50 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Highly recommend Hilton Head Island. Great beaches, lots to see and do both on the island and nearby (Savannah is just down the road).

We did a fantastic pirate boat ride that the kids (and big kids) LOVED

piratesofhiltonhead/
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Not strictly speaking (or any other speaking) outside Florida... but have you had a look at the Florida Panhandle? we went a couple of years back and absolutely loved it. Very different to the rest of Florida and with pretty predictable hot weather.

Pensacola is good, as is Destin with the Beach in front of Henderson State Park and also Crab Island for the boat hire.. The beaches were as good as any I have ever been on. From Pensacola beach you can also get to New Orleans in a bit more than 3 hours.

if you need to know what we did there, then just ask!
I love the look of Panama City beach! Where would be best to fly into? I’m really struggling with holidays in Europe as the accommodation we like is rediculously expensive so if we could go to the states and have a beach holiday with activities I would be interested!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks for posting this OP. Am considering the same next year as I just can’t find the sort of thing in Europe that we want without a rediculous price attached to it!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I love the look of Panama City beach! Where would be best to fly into? I’m really struggling with holidays in Europe as the accommodation we like is rediculously expensive so if we could go to the states and have a beach holiday with activities I would be interested!
I would guess at Destin Fort Walton via Atlanta on a Delta ticket with the Longhaul leg possibly a Virgin Atl codeshare.. and then a drive. On our vacation, we wanted to see further West and flew London-Atlanta and then connected down to Pensacola.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Another vote for Hilton Head - lovely beaches and fairly unspoilt. Lots to do nearby though, including lots of Dolphin trips
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List