Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 16 Mar 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigerlilly
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Bulldogmason View Post
Thank you for the updates. I didn't get very far with Hays, only an email saying that they couldn't help me as they were separate companies!
I've also emailed Disney asking could they check that my tickets are still valid but no reply as yet... so frustrating!
Thanks again.
Might be worth calling Hays directly and going down that road.
Tigerlilly is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bulldogmason
Getting to know the DIBB

Think you’re right, nothing to lose I spose.
Bulldogmason is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
AlanScotland
Gone all Goofy

I now have the same email, my attempts at a chargeback supposedly caused Florida Escapes to cancel my tickets even though they took the chargeback to tribunal and won.

They have not offered me a refund as yet, but have offered me new 2022 tickets for Universal.

They advised me Disney won't refund so I'll also ask them to extend those to 2022 if possible.

Getting somewhere very slowly.
AlanScotland is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigerlilly
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by AlanScotland View Post
I now have the same email, my attempts at a chargeback supposedly caused Florida Escapes to cancel my tickets even though they took the chargeback to tribunal and won.

They have not offered me a refund as yet, but have offered me new 2022 tickets for Universal.

They advised me Disney won't refund so I'll also ask them to extend those to 2022 if possible.

Getting somewhere very slowly.
Interesting that's different to mine they are waiting to hear on a refund from Disney so I'll see what happens. Let us know if you get sorted. x
Tigerlilly is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tigerlilly View Post
Alan Scotland are you saying that your tickets for Universal are invalid too? It's odd how they have changed dates for some and invalidated mine. I have contacted Hays travel and they are trying to contact the owner of FE allegedly so Ill let you know if I hear back.

I will contact Disney this week and find out about those tickets. I think the whole of the travel industry has dealt appallingly with customers.
Not all travel companies...Some have been excellent and will benefit from it in the future. Some big names like Virgin and Florida Escapes have been absolutely terrible..

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

If you have actually received tickets then the ticket supplier has fulfilled their end of the contract. It would then be up to you claiming on your travel insurance if you cannot use them. Its not the ticket supplier's fault you cannot use them. Now if you haven't received them or they are cancelled by the supplier its a different matter.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mac219
Earning My Ears

I have also purchased from Florida Escapes (multiticket). We received disney passes and registered, Also received paper passes for Universal. These were for a planned trip May 2020

Universal were decent and agreed I could come anytime in the future if I quote reference they gave me.

I asked Disney if I could defer tickets to next year and pay difference, But was told I need to contact the seller (FE).

However an email from Disney did state that the ticket value can be used against a future purchase, However this would have to be organised by the 3rd part seller (FE).

I'm sure Florida Escapes will be battered with email/calls from people with issues and some without of course.

Frustrating but have to be patient.
mac219 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Frustrating but have to be patient.[/QUOTE]

I have been, they have had my returned Universal tickets (as they requested) since last August. I have no tickets, no refund and no contact. Very frustrating!
Old 18 Mar 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Having the same nightmare with tickets from Florida Escapes have emailed Universal Etc waiting their reply
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
AlanScotland
Gone all Goofy

I have successfully been refunded £1090 so far for the Universal Studios element of my combo ticket. I paid £2740 in total and am fighting for the remainder as they invalidated part of my combo ticket and that's what they sold and advertised.

I had success by emailing Irene Hayes CEO directly with a polite but direct argument. As a result an investigation was opened by a named individual accountable member of staff rather than generic unsigned email replies.

Hope this helps. Will keep folks updated

Edited at 02:47 PM.
AlanScotland is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List