Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 13 Apr 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

The Dissident

watched THE DISSIDENT last night. wow!

it's the story of Jamal Khashoggi, who you may remember was murdered by the saudi government in an embassy building a couple of years ago. it contains several parts that i was aware of separately, but didnt realise it was linked to the saudis (like bezos' phone hack where pics got leaked). state sponsored cybercrime is a real thing, whether its putin or salman's armies of trolls spreading disinformation to actually installing malware on peoples phones

anyway, its on prime video for free now, go watch!
amazon/Dissident-O.../dp/B091BM83MK

and if you want more insight into how cyberterrorism is affecting us, then Q:: into the storm explains a lot of the last year in the US, and "the great hack" on netflix are good places to start. once you know what's been happening, you can see clearly how we're all being played, and its all related. this isnt a "WAKE UP SHEEPLE" thing, but in a way, it also is!

wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
This is next on my list to watch. I just watched The Mauritanian and it was horrifying and compelling all at the same time. I imagine that The Dissident is similar in that way.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i was pretty aware of the khashoggi case at the time, i'd been following his articles and twitter feed for a couple of years before his death, but for the average viewer, they will probably only have really been aware of it after his disappearance. and still the world turns as if nothing happened, because trump and others want bin salman's money

in other things to watch, another HBO doc "the perfect weapon" goes into detail about how cyber terrorism and state-sponsored hacking is where wars are being fought now... again, well worth a watch

wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List