Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Apr 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy-Mai
Excited about Disney

Daisy-Mai's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
14 mouth old food on plane.

In November we're flying with Virgin. Our Grandson will be 14 months by then. As he doesn't get a meal does anyone know if we got him a pre packed meal from boots would cabin crew be able to warm it up?
Old 14 Apr 18, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Here's specific info from the Virgin Website . He will get food on board, you just need to call reservations and request one. They will heat stuff up in hot water, no microwaves. Hope this helps
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

I first thought it was a food horror story with 14 month old food being served onboard

But I do remember flying with friends with a little one and the VA crew could only heat the jars in hot water, no micro as previously said.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
I first thought it was a food horror story with 14 month old food being served onboard

But I do remember flying with friends with a little one and the VA crew could only heat the jars in hot water, no micro as previously said.
That would be remarkably fresh for TC
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Me too!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
That would be remarkably fresh for TC
I’ll let you tell James Martin
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi, you're right unless he has his own seat he won't get a meal at that age. We've taken onboard boots meals both times. The first year cheese and tomato pasta and last year cream cheese sandwiches. Like others have said they will only heat in hot water and to date I'm yet to get anything hot when they use this method (we've had jars warmed and milk - the bottle just ends up warm but contents still cold lol!)! So I just go for cold food and snacks now. My son will be 22mths when we fly but he has his own seat this time so has a meal.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post

So did I!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
phillipsajtj
Excited about Disney

My daughter did get food as a baby with virgin. She was only 9 months and I remember it was a couple of jars of first foods but that was a long time ago. I think I just had to phone and order it. They brought hers out first and brought my out when she had finished.
phillipsajtj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Just call / email virgin and book either a baby or child's meal. They are free. my 15 month old doesnt have a seat booked yet he still qualifies for a meal
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List