Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jan 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Realistically, how would brexit affect us travelling to the US? I’m not being flippant or anything, the whole thing confuses the hell out of me so am genuinely interested in how it will affect US travel? We’re booked for October this year, flights booked with BA and a dibb villa, our Disney booking is fine because it’s a free complementary stay. We won’t be paying for the BA fly drive till it’s due in August, could the price of this be affected?

Genuine confused dibber here!
I think it would be interesting to hear from villa owners what their contingency plan is in the event the GBP crashes and all their bookings which they have for the next 12+ months are agreed in GBP. It's commonly mentioned that there's very little profit in villa ownership so there has to be a tipping point at some stage.

Of course, one option is to only worry about it when if it happens...

Fingers crossed, it wont make any difference and everything will be fine as the PM is making the right choice...
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
T&Cs have to be agreed to. So I presume if something similar to this (ie brexit specific) hasn’t been emailed to us and agreed to since we made our booking, it’s not part of our contract?
Acceptance of T&Cs is probably implied when you confirm the booking and pay the deposit.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
T&Cs have to be agreed to. So I presume if something similar to this (ie brexit specific) hasn’t been emailed to us and agreed to since we made our booking, it’s not part of our contract?
Any such terms have to be incorporated at time of booking.

After terms are agreed, and a contract concluded, one party cannot then introduce further onerous terms at will. If they just send them to you it is meaningless.

However, if you make changes and they tell you any changes are subject to new terms, then that is effectively a new contract.
Old 13 Jan 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

I've checked my booking with WDTC and there's no section on Brexit.
Old 13 Jan 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by RickT View Post
I think it would be interesting to hear from villa owners what their contingency plan is in the event the GBP crashes and all their bookings which they have for the next 12+ months are agreed in GBP. It's commonly mentioned that there's very little profit in villa ownership so there has to be a tipping point at some stage.

Of course, one option is to only worry about it when if it happens...

Fingers crossed, it wont make any difference and everything will be fine as the PM is making the right choice...
As a former owner over the years we have had to deal with fluctuations in the £ to $ rate for years,British guests often pay in GBP and we then have to transfer funds to the USA to pay our bills. We set our rates based on the average rate for the last years trading plus a bit. There after any fluctuations we sucked it up.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
macgasbp
Imagineer

This has always been an annoyance for me over the years with t&c’s . Firstly it was the fuel charges where airlines could impose addiational cost to cover any fuel increase despite having paid for a holiday in full and now we have a brexit clause. Why does it always cost you what happens if the there’s a decrease in costs do we get a refund - nope !
macgasbp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Acceptance of T&Cs is probably implied when you confirm the booking and pay the deposit.
As far as I know they do have to make them explicit to you i.e. online providing a link and ticking a box or on the phone reading them to you and you saying yes.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Any such terms have to be incorporated at time of booking.

After terms are agreed, and a contract concluded, one party cannot then introduce further onerous terms at will. If they just send them to you it is meaningless.

However, if you make changes and they tell you any changes are subject to new terms, then that is effectively a new contract.
Yes, that’s exactly what I was thinking.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Basically if you read your existng t&cs they reserve the right to cancel amend or change any booking already and to add any increase over 2% so basically brexit clause will still stand in some way or another as it’s already covered by this . They probably highlighted it as they are constantly being asked . She did mention on the phone they are watching brexit very carefully at the moment though. It will be interesting if it affects the release date of the next free dine if we have a no deal as surely prices will need reassessing urgently ?
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

This clause was one of the reasons I cancelled my booking with WDTC. The terms and conditions were incorporated into the agreement before booking online, but I admit I only read them properly after I've made the booking. I called WDTC to discuss the potential effect of this clause and their customer service categorically denied that the price could ever go up once the booking is made. This is, of course, blatantly not the case according to their terms and conditions. That, in and of itself, was yet another reason for me to cancel the booking (which they allow one to do, for free, within 24 hours of booking). I then made an alternative booking with ATD, whose terms and conditions are clear that once booked and paid (either a non refundable deposit or in full), the price agreed in GBP cannot go up (or indeed down, if a better offer is available at some point after the reservation is made)
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List