Notices

Old 16 Jun 14, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mousehunter
Excited about Disney

Thank you. I'm enjoying reading about your pre-trip excitement.

We're going soon too

:cca t:
Mousehunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 14, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DapperDisNY
Serious Dibber

DapperDisNY's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Brilliant start!

I look forward to reading the updates!

Thanks for sharing
DapperDisNY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 14, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks guys, just glad I have some readers

Originally Posted by jengibbo View Post
Sounds good so far. I'm an ex-cast member. I worked in Merchandise a long time ago (1998-99) and have been back twice since my year there.

Looking forward to reading the rest.
Hey

That's really cool, hope you loved your time there are much as I did. I have been back once but not long after I left and it was to meet up with friends still over there. Can't wait to do it as a proper guest again.

Adventures of An Ex Cast-Member & Disney Virgin ~ Pre-trippie ;April-May 2008 ~ Villa, RPR, CSR (Trip Report); July/August 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Miami; January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; July 1998 - I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale - 2 weeks; Trippies; Our Spooky DLP Celebration ~ Halloween 2008; Cowboys, Chicken and Country Music ~ Tennessee Adventure 2008
ariel2006 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 14, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Such a brilliant start - really looking forward to hearing all of your plans! Keep em coming! x

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 14, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Once Upon a Time... Our Disney History

WARNING: This is going to be a long one, so get comfy. And maybe a few snacks.

Once Upon A Time, in a land far away known as Devon, a Princess lived in her little Castle by the woods
with her parents the King and Queen and Princess sister.
The Princess dreamed everyday of visiting the beautiful Castle over the sea all the way to the far off land of France,
a Castle she had heard of in stories the queen told her every night at bedtime.
The Queen had promised a visit to the beautiful Castle but then disaster struck and the King was gone
and any dreams of visiting the Castle were gone with him.
That was until one day, a new handsome King appeared, with him a mini Prince, and a new promise of the Castle.
One day, the Queen, the new King, the 2 Princesses and the Princess boarded their glass coach
and made the journey across the big blue sea until they reached the Castle
which was ever more beautiful and ever more Magical than the young Princess could ever imagine...

So there we have it... My very own mini Fairytale (some of you may recognise this from my previous pre-trippie, only this time my Fairytale has many more Magical moments included).
This all started way back in 1994 when my wonderful Mum and step-Dad surprised my sister, step-brother and myself with a trip to Euro Disney, somewhere I had dreamed of going since the day it opened. We literally had no idea we were going anywhere, we got on the ferry under the pretence that my step-dad's brother worked on their and was going to show us around and next minute the ferry was moving. We made a bet on where we each thought we were going and my answer was Paris, being the only place abroad I really knew. Once we got to France and drove through the night, I finally spotted a Euro Disney sign and wished with all my being that that was where we were heading. Eventually we pulled into a Ranch, and all hope faded. Little did I now we were at Disneys Davy Crockett Ranch. Soon however we were driving under the Magical sign and soon walking up Main Street until I reached the place of my dreams. And cried #totesemosh

I'm the littler girl

Upon our return I knew we had to go back. Luckily I wasn't the only one who felt this. A couple of years later we were staying in France and as luck would have it we had to evacuate the area due to an approaching hurricane. Oh and where can we possibly go? We drove through the night across France again, finally reaching our destination. We were back at the beautiful Castle. My favourite place on earth. Or so I thought.

After a brief third visit during a school trip, when I thought my dreams had already come true, my Dad announced he was taking my sister and I to Disney. This time in Florida. In America. Where there was not just 1 park but 4. And 3 waterparks. And a shopping/dining district. To say I was excited was an understatement.
So in 1998 we flew to Orlando for a week in Orlando and a week at my Aunts in Fort Lauderdale. During our short week in Orlando we did Magic Kingdom, the new Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, River Country, Seaworld and Universal Studios (Island was being built). We fitted so much in, and I had so many Magical memories. Seeing the Castle for the first time as we took the boat across the Seven Seas Lagoon. Seeing the beautiful Grand Floridian and only dreaming what it would be like to set foot in there, let alone stay. Hearing the Monorail spiel for the first time. Being in Magic Kingdom till 2am. Seeing all the lucky children dining with my favourite characters in Crystal Palace. Seeing that you could meet Ariel, if your parents were patient enough to wait Swimming in the pool at 2am. Feeling the 90 degree heat at 6am. Going on safari and were not even in Africa. Going around the World. Watching Illuminations on 4th July. Watching a killer whale jump. Swimming with sharks. Seeing a Castle even more beautiful and more Magical than my Paris one.
However, despite all this magic something was missing. Something big. My Mum, Step-Dad and baby sister were at home, not enjoying it all with me. I couldn't help but wish they were there, knowing how much they would love it

Fast forward to 2001, my 16th birthday was coming up and we were due to be in a villa in Brittany. Thankfully my Mum shared my idea of spending my birthday itself in Euro Disney, and this time my baby sister would get to experience it all with us for the very first time. So another drive through the night, another stay at Davy Crockett and another Magical trip for us all, made even more magical by sharing it with my Disney-loving little sis (she had no choice she was submerged in Disney from the moment she was born, videos, music, toys, cuddlies, clothes)

January 2005 was decided to be the year we visited Colorado skiing. However, upon pricing things up, my thoughts suddenly turned to Disney World, and how I desperately wanted to share it with my Mum and little sister. So after some researching it was booked, our first family trip, my Mum, Step-Dad, little sister and I (older sis and brother were too old to come on holiday with us. Whatever). Booked with First Choice we stayed at the All Star Movies for 2 weeks, emerging ourself in the Magic, doing all the Disney parks, both Universal parks, Seaworld, Busch Gardens, the now only 2 Disney waterparks, Wet n Wild, Discovery Cove and Cirque Du Soliel and a trip to the Everglades and Naples.
Even having been before so many things were new. Staying on-site, EMH's, swimming with Dolphins (who does that?), seeing Wishes. We went to MGM for the first time, and loved it, I got to go in IOA, the park I saw being built. We did Arabian Nights dinner show. And Rather than our diet consisting of a late Ponderosa breakfast and a McDonalds/KFC dinner, we actually dined in the parks, and not just a portion of fries from Casey's. We dined at Sci Fi, San Angel Inn, Rainforest Cafe, Planet Hollywood, Bongos, we did character meals at Donald's Breakfastosaurus and I, myself, Sammie, got to not only step inside, but also dine in the beautiful Crystal Palace, something I never thought would happen
We loved every bit of it. And the best bit, seeing my family experience it all for the first time and seeing Sophie's face light up as we surprised her with the holiday, Discovery Cove (even when we were the she didn't realise she was swimming with the dolphins), Dine with Shamu (she was an absolute Killer Whale fanatic, if that's the right term?!), character meals, and gifts. Honestly it melted my heart watching her dress up in her newly acquired Minnie Mouse dress, meeting the characters, seeing the shows, every single minute of it.

As soon as we were back our thoughts were straight on our next trip. We had been bitten by the bug, badly. And our next trip was going to be a BIG one. We planned for July/August 2006, it would be just after my graduation, over Step-Dads and Sophie's birthday, and my 21st. So we went all out and booked a mega trip for 1 whole month. Yep, 28 days in Florida. Dreams Come True, part 2 (or probably 6 by now). We flew with Virgin, spent 2 weeks at the wonderful Port Orleans, 1 week at Animal Kingdom Lodge ( Soph is a HUGE animal lover) and a final week, supposedly chilling, in Miami. This was my ex's first trip, and surprisingly enough, our first trip we properly planned. Yes, shock horror, our first trip we had no plan, no ADR's (or even ideas of where we wanted to go), just the trusty Brits Guide which was read cover-to-cover about a hundred time. This time however, being Summer holidays and knowing what we were doing we planned, planned and planned. We did every park again, the Disney waterparks, Discovery Cove and the Polynesian Luau on my birthday, Dolly Dixie Stampede on Step-Dads, La Nouba again, Dine with Shamu on Sophs birthday, and then spent our chill out week in Miami visiting the Keys, Everglades, Bahamas, cruising around Star Island and touring Miami. We dined at more Disney restaurants (O'hana, Hollywood & Vine, Restaurant Marrakech, Boma, Boatwrights, more character meals at Garden Grill, Chef Mickeys, Liberty Tree Tavern, some old faves again, Sci Fi, Restaurantosaurus, Rainforest, and a very magical meal at 1900 Park Fayre. Yes, another little dream come true, I stepped foot in the beautiful Grand Floridian. And Soph fell in love with Alice.

Again every second (despite a few Travel Agent mess-ups) was AMAZING.

(little story about Soph's Alice dress, she fell in love with Alice at 1900 PF and saw the dress in the shop and 'had to have it'! So I brought it for her for her birthday, but she would not wait to buy it and When we said no she cried. And then every time she saw it she cried. Until she opened it on her birthday and cried again, this time happy tears. She was so cute in it. And even cuter in her beloved safari outfit. Who wants to be a Princess when you can be a safari guide?)

So here we are having been back to our Magical place this time with no plans to go back.
This was hell.
Will we ever go back.
Find out next time...

Adventures of An Ex Cast-Member & Disney Virgin ~ Pre-trippie ;April-May 2008 ~ Villa, RPR, CSR (Trip Report); July/August 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Miami; January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; July 1998 - I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale - 2 weeks; Trippies; Our Spooky DLP Celebration ~ Halloween 2008; Cowboys, Chicken and Country Music ~ Tennessee Adventure 2008
ariel2006 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 14, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney89
Imagineer

Wow what a brilliant start, just caught up from the beggining and i'm hooked

Lovely to read about your past Disney trips, can't wait to read some more!

Las Vegas & California - 2014
Orlando - 2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/2005/2006/2007/2010/2013/2014/2017
lovedisney89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 14, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Great PT! I remember reading all your other TRs which were fab, can't wait to read more of this one.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 14, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Ha ha Devon isn't a land that far away (well, not for me anyway ). Fab pre-trip so far - looking forward to more updates

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 14, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Love it can't wait for the next bit.
Old 17 Jun 14, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Love it can't wait for the next bit