Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Mar 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile Tired of people having a downer on Florida

I know this has been mentioned many times but I am getting tired of people questioning my holiday choices.

I am only ever positive about other people’s holiday plans, even when I think they don’t sound particularly exciting, because all holidays are interesting.

But when people ask me and I say Florida I get the usual - 3 weeks won’t you get bored?! Oh I can’t stand crowds I prefer nature. Or I don’t think of hours of queuing as a holiday. Or won’t there be lots of mosquitos?

I can’t believe people can be so negative to my face.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

I wouldn't engage with those people - you know who they are now, so just don't talk holidays with them.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Obviously they never been. There loss
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

When people start paying for my holidays, then I'll listen to their opinions!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think we do need to accept that Florida isn’t everyone’s choice of holiday. Either don’t take it personal or just don’t tell them anything.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
When people start paying for my holidays, then I'll listen to their opinions!
Indeed! It’s sad though as I genuinely enjoy talking about people’s holidays.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I think we do need to accept that Florida isn’t everyone’s choice of holiday. Either don’t take it personal or just don’t tell them anything.
I completely agree but for instance I may not be into cruises but I wouldn’t be negative to someone who’d just booked one!
Old 9 Mar 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
I completely agree but for instance I may not be into cruises but I wouldn’t be negative to someone who’d just booked one!
I love talking holidays to anyone. I do still feel guilty about a conversation I had at work a few years ago though. She was in to skiing and I honestly couldn’t think of anything worse. I wish I still saw her so I could apologise for saying it would be my holiday from hell. I am feeling bad again now remembering.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

It’s hard not to take it personally and I agree it is quite rude. Especially when you have actually booked it and you’re not seeking opinions.
I have to say though I see it happen on these forums too. Someone will come on and say “I’ve booked 2 weeks in Vegas (or somewhere else) Can you recommend a good show?” And people actually say stuff like... two weeks that’s a long time, that time of year, really?, that’s not a good hotel, blah blah blah... I think it’s so rude.
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
Indeed! It’s sad though as I genuinely enjoy talking about people’s holidays.
Totally - me too. I love seeing photos on Facebook and Instagram as well and giving them a like! Although after reading a recent thread about it on here I'm starting to feel a bit bad about how many I post now

I know who I can talk about Florida with now - there's quite a few at work for example who I haven't mentioned to that we are going again next year. Funnily enough we are going nowhere near Orlando - Miami, a cruise and the Keys, but people automatically think theme parks and Walt Disney World, especially if they've never been to Florida before.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List