Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Oct 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
I’m supposed to do week 9 today - first 30 minute run - I’m sat looking at the rain ... still sat looking at the rain ... still sat ...
I’ve joined a gym that has no membership fee so I can run through winter and not let the weather or dark nights off put me. I will cancel it when the weather becomes better next year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
I cant run outside as little knees dont like it, so I know my runs will always be at the gym, where I am off to now while you still sit & sit ...
Hee hee! You lot spurred me on and I did it 😃 Week 9, 30 mins, in the rain!
Have a good Sunday run everyone xxx
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
Hee hee! You lot spurred me on and I did it 😃 Week 9, 30 mins, in the rain!
Have a good Sunday run everyone xxx
Saw this on Facebook and thought of you! #truestory

Old 6 Oct 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm repeating C25k as I've had a cheat infection.
I'm a nutter and I run in the rain!

As long as it's not hammering down, I'll run.

I even have an app called "Good to run"
I look at it when it says "Not good to run", examine why its saying that, then normally ignore it! 😂

Obviously I'm sensible. I don't want to put myself at any risk.
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
That’s where I should be. I did run one then got totally floored by a virus so haven’t ran for 10 days now. Still can’t climb the stairs without coughing my guts up so god knows when I can run again. Whenever it happens I aim to do run 1 with the 5 minute blocks again and see how it goes.

Hope you are soon fit and well x
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Just finished week 8 today. I thought I was doing really well until...

I was chatting with a colleague who used to run outside but at the moment the gym is more convenient for her so she's started running on a treadmill, as I have been doing for the whole C25K experience. She told me that she runs at a speed of 6.5 mph, and today there was a young guy on the treadmill next to me running at 7mph.

I did my first 28 minute run at 4mph, 2nd one at 4.2mph, and today I really struggled and went between 4.4, 4.2 and even down to 4.1 mph. I ran the last 2 minutes "fast" at 5mph. Knowing now what everyone else is running at I just feel like my efforts are pathetic but I was so exhausted after my run today that I just can't see how I can do any better.

Any tips/advice etc., on how I can do better? I just feel a bit down about it all . My hubby says not to be so hard on myself, I'm 17 years older than my colleague and probably nearly 30 years older than the chap running next to me today.

Well done if you've got this far reading this pity-fest. I really would welcome any advice because right now I'm thinking why bother doing the last week.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post

I was chatting with a colleague who used to run outside but at the moment the gym is more convenient for her so she's started running on a treadmill, as I have been doing for the whole C25K experience. She told me that she runs at a speed of 6.5 mph, and today there was a young guy on the treadmill next to me running at 7mph.

I did my first 28 minute run at 4mph, 2nd one at 4.2mph, and today I really struggled and went between 4.4, 4.2 and even down to 4.1 mph. I ran the last 2 minutes "fast" at 5mph. Knowing now what everyone else is running at I just feel like my efforts are pathetic but I was so exhausted after my run today that I just can't see how I can do any better.

Any tips/advice etc., on how I can do better? I just feel a bit down about it all . My hubby says not to be so hard on myself, I'm 17 years older than my colleague and probably nearly 30 years older than the chap running next to me today.

Well done if you've got this far reading this pity-fest. I really would welcome any advice because right now I'm thinking why bother doing the last week.
You are still lapping everyone sat on the couch!
Theres always going to be someone quicker...
Unless you're Eliud Kipchoge! 😜
Your husband is right. Don't be hard on yourself.
As you run more you will get quicker anyway but you will also change your routine of running - adding weight training, hamstring stretches (hamstrings don't like to be stretched so may be slowing you a little) , interval training.
But let your body get used to running 5k first.
Dont give up now!

Edited at 08:06 PM.
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Don't be so hard on yourself. My husband does 8 minute miles. I do 11-12 minute miles. I've done 5ks, 10ks and half marathons, and I don't get much faster but I really don't mind. I am trying to improve my pace for a marathon next year, but only because the course time limit is outside my current pace.

If you want to get faster, you need to do interval training, fartlek, hill sprints etc. as well as normal running, but you don't need to get faster, you're doing just fine as you are.
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5

Please please don't be hard on yourself. I started running 13 years ago as a stress relief. I still describe myself as a tortoise and know many people who started running after me and are much faster. Remember that there will always be someone faster but you are out there running and that is something to be proud of... I do try to run faster sometimes but only to beat my own PBs and my aim is to enjoy it and remain injury free... The best motivation I had at the beginning was signing up to some races - I quickly realised that people run at very different paces but that everyone does the same distance and gets the same medal
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Please don’t compare yourself to anyone else! It really doesn’t matter how fast your going, as long as you are going at a speed that comfortable for you then you are doing great! You are doing fabulous just getting up and going for a run!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List