Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Apr 14, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

MyFitnessPal- tell me all about it!

Hi, I'm starting to navigate my way around this app today. I had lost weight recently by calorie counting but thought this app could help me get re-started after a ... blip... let's call it a blip shall we.. I'm slowly adding in foods now... what a minefield! I've seen this app mentioned a few times on here, so tell me about your successes, how much in how long etc.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 14, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggersbestmate
Apprentice Imagineer

I've lost 22lb since new year with MFP, the best I've ever done without joining Weightwatchers or Slimming World. It gets easier to use after a while. I'm wigwaminamustardmill on there if you would like to add me as a friend.
tiggersbestmate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 14, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

Ive added that as well this morning so looking forward to replys
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 14, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tiggersbestmate View Post
I've lost 22lb since new year with MFP, the best I've ever done without joining Weightwatchers or Slimming World. It gets easier to use after a while. I'm wigwaminamustardmill on there if you would like to add me as a friend.
Wow that's a great result, well done. Lol at your username, I'm 'bitbonkers' if anyone wants to add me.
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 14, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

I have used this since the new year and have lost 27lbs. It is really easy to use and log the foods you are eating and any exercise you do. I have added quite a few Dibbers as friends on there and it is great motivation to keep going. I am jenjeneng on there so feel free to add me.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 14, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
clucky
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I've been using it and have lost 15 pounds, since beginning of March ish, but am using tescos ultra slim drinks too.

I find it easy, and it makes you think what you are having a little more. I've found every food I've ever wanted on there, as well as Starbucks etc!

I'm cluck1978 if you want to add me x
Old 19 Apr 14, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hiya 👍
I used it 2 years ago & lost a stone for a hol. It was a sensible loss of a 1lb a week. It's not a magic tool & still takes your own commitment & will power but it does make you think about everything you eat as you will be recording it all, watching those calories add up. The only thing I don't record are hot drinks even though I should as I have a sugar/milk, but I only have about 2 a day.
I'm now at a weight I'm happy with & now use it to maintain & keep me on track. I'm abit naughty as I keep my cals low in week (1300 ish) but then w/end (fri/sat/sun) eat what I want within reason. But I still record it so I can see what my weekly intake has been. It usually averages out to around (1800 ish cals a day).
I find using the app easy. I often add quick calories if I know them. Often same meals/foods are eaten in the week so are already in there. All the home made meals such as curry/chilli/lasagne etc are all in the recipes section. On a weekend it's often abit of guesstimates as it's take always/meals out but still giving me an idea of calorie intakes. I intend to continue to use it forever (well that's the plan! ), to keep me on my toes. I seem to have been on a constant diet & as soon as I reach goal I let it slip & pop 10lbs or so back on. So hoping this will keep in check, although this week is not goin well as I broke up from work weds & off to Devon next week so I'm eating well over but I shall still record & pull it back next week.
Good luck, hope ur well, I'm all good 😀 x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 14, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Nice to hear from you Agg, glad you are doing ok. Oooooh Devon has many tasties. You seem in total control of your calories. I've been baking a lot, which I'll have to cut down on until I can control myself better. Wondering how I figure out calories in home made meals, like my quorn lasagne etc.
ALWAYS AUGUST!

Old 19 Apr 14, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Moleymole you can do your own recipes in there. Really easy to do I have done it for a couple of things that I make. Just add all the ingredients and how many people it is for and it will work out the calories per person.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 14, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

I'm on there too kfrewin1982 if anyone wants to add me

Been using it a bit off an on recently, but hope to be more 'on' than 'off' after Easter!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread