Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jan 22, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Good Hair straighteners?

Hi! I’ve had my trusty old Ghd’s for 12 years now and have decided to pass them down to my daughter and treat myself to some new straighteners. Are GHD still the best brand? Anyone have any other recommendations? I have fine, just below shoulder length wavy hair that doesn’t like to stay straight and has a tendency to frizz.

Thanks in advance
Dollymixture is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

I’ve always had ghds , for years, just got a pair of dyson corrales for Christmas, goodness , they’ve made a reall difference to my hair, I have very long hair ( nearly to the top of my bum) , and can tend to be frizzy and fly away) , these have made it very sleek and shiny , very impressed with them so far .

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

It seems like Cloud 9 are the ones often recommended these days. I thought about them last time, but in the end I asked my hairdresser which she preferred and she said GHDs so I stuck with them. I’d like to try Cloud 9s though.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

When my hair was long I used GHDs for years but when they gave up the ghost I swapped to cloud 9s and they were much better. Seemed to glide through my hair much better and left my hair super smooth. My hair is naturally wavy with a tendancy to frizz but cloud 9s defo made a difference to that. My hair is now very short so I don't use any now.
lcm23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I had GHD and then got Cloud Nine, and much prefer the Cloud Nine ones, there are just lovely and smooth.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nickynoonoo
slightly serious Dibber

I used GHDs for 10 years, if I didn’t use them my hair was a frizzy mess and required topping up each day.

18 months ago I moved to L’Oréal steam pods….wow! My hair is sleaky and smooth now. I often don’t need to go over it each day (occasionally the fronts) but best of all is the conditions…..it’s a positive circle! Because I use them less my hair is less frizzy and reacts less to moisture, and because of that I need to use them less!

Downside to mine is the size, they are bulky and I travel for work. But I believe the new version have the water reservoir in the main part rather than separately now.

June 05 - Villa in Kisseme
March 06 - Enclave Suites (I Drive)
April 08 - Homewood Suites (I Drive)
April 10 - Quality Inn Plaza (I Drive)
Nickynoonoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

I was a huge fan of GHDs until I discovered Cloud Nines a few years back. They’re much better than the new GHDs which aren’t a patch on the originals.

I’ve also had the steam pods but just found them too difficult as you could only use them one way - they were also quite heavy but the newer ones may be better.

Cloud 9s get my vote.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

I recommend the GHD platinum
Plus, much better than standard GHDs. My hair is coloured and straightened and they help
Keep it in great condition.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 03:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Thanks all, I will look into these brands.
Cloud 9 seems popular - is it the original ones or the ‘touch’ model that’s best?
Thank you avain
Dollymixture is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 03:50 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

I was always a GHD girl but my life (and my Monica from friends frizz) changed when I got my Dyson . Living in Florida they have been life changing , also been and bought the hairdryer and super impressed with that too
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List