Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 May 17, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue21
Serious Dibber

Senior Citizen at 55

Don't know wether to laugh or cry but apparently I can now get discount on my meals and other things in Florida. OH is delighted as he thinks we will be quids in especially as Dennys is on the list.
Seniorcitizendiscountlist.org
Blue21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Blue21 View Post
Don't know wether to laugh or cry but apparently I can now get discount on my meals and other things in Florida. OH is delighted as he thinks we will be quids in especially as Dennys is on the list.
A lot of the chains do discounts for over 55s. A few years ago I was there in Denny's as a matter of fact and the server asked me politely how old I was, thought it was a bit rude, but said I was 60, she then said did I realise I could get discounts as I was over 55 and since then have taken advantage of that. I also got discounted tickets for KSC last time I went too, which was quite useful

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive

Edited at 04:52 PM.
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Blue21 View Post
You often get much smaller portions though!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by anna-marie View Post
You often get much smaller portions though!
Probably not such a bad thing given the portion sizes in Florida ...
Old 29 May 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Yeah I got discount at IHOP last visit

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
lindasarahlou
slightly serious Dibber

Me, DD and DS found it hilarious that OH (he was 56 then) got a discounted entry when we visited Darien Lake (theme park near Niagara Falls) last summer.
90 Orlando/Clearwater; 92 Orlando/Daytona,Ft Laud, Keys, Everglades, Naples/Clearwater 95 Cedar Point, Niagara, Orlando 02 (now with kids!) DLP Santa Fe 04 Lindfields 07 Doral Woods/Daytona 500; 07 Sanctuary Westhaven; 10 Calabay Parc; 13 Highlands Reserve 15 DC, Smokies Coasters Cumbrian Lakes 16 Toronto Cedar Point Niagara + coasters 17 Highlands Reserve 18 NY 18 Vegas & Canyons 19 West Stonebridge 23 California Coasters
lindasarahlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mike230652 View Post
Probably not such a bad thing given the portion sizes in Florida ...
I had the meat loaf dinner in Bob Evans, it was one tiny slice one scoop of potato and a few carrots asked if it was right for an ordinary meal, she apologised and said she had given me a Seniors one then she came back with a normal sized two slice, two veg and two scoops of potato meal. The first wouldn't have fed a sparrow or perhaps i'm just a gannet!
I think the meal sizes have decreased expotentially in the tourist areas recently.
Old 29 May 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

We've just come back from 19 nights, and taken advantage of theover 55 deals. Yes they are a bit smaller, but more than we would eat at home.
Speaking of Bob Evans, I had the pot roast in a senior size and still couldn't finish it.
Had a normal size turkey dinner at Cracker Barrel and I think I got the whole turkey. I reckon we could have had three meals from that serving
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Yep, I'm a gannet My excuse is we go in Jan, Feb. when it's a bit cooler and it doesn't damp your appetite!

Edited at 06:07 PM.
Old 29 May 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

We ate at Yak and Yeti last night. We were being led to our table when the (young!) CM turned round and said that as our table was upstairs, would we prefer to use the lift! Oh dear, 👴👵
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List