Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 May 17, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
spookey
I want to go now!

Buying Alcohol - ID question

Hello Folks,

for your ADR's is everyone taking their passports with them for ID when buying beers and wine? If your out at a park all day I did not fancy carting a couple of passports about with me. potential to lose / damage or get wet from the water rides etc?

What do you do?
spookey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MadHatter1
VIP Dibber

MadHatter1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
This is what I intend to do, I don't have a photo id driving licence. Last time we were there my dad was asked for id even though he was 70, so I don't see I have much choice.

Will have to keep it in a freezer bag.
2017 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - The Return of Three Jedi
2018 Rosen Inn at Pointe (Int. Dr.), HRH (Uni)>. > - Rogue One
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - 12 Parsecs
MadHatter1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

If you have a photo driving licence then use that along with a photocopy of your passport either as a hard copy or stored on your phone.
If you do not have a photo driving licence then you would need to take your actual passport with you just in case you are asked for ID. If you do not want to carry your passport around then the only other option is wing it and if asked for Id you just won't be able to buy any alcohol.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
If you have a photo card driving license, it is acceptable to also present a copy of your passport, either a physical copy or a picture of your passport on your phone.

Without a photo license you have no choice as ID must be an original Government issued document which means a passport.

Debra
Old 25 May 17, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
spookey
I want to go now!

Thanks Folks,

Last time I was there any "out of state" driving licenses were not valid. If people have had success with that and a picture of my passport that's the way to go!
spookey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Originally Posted by spookey View Post
Thanks Folks,

Last time I was there any "out of state" driving licenses were not valid. If people have had success with that and a picture of my passport that's the way to go!
That is strange as US visitors will have no other form of ID.

Disney policy is passport or copy passport (inc electronic) and photo driving licence.

Supermarkets have always taken my driving licence.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by vhm672 View Post
That is strange as US visitors will have no other form of ID.

Disney policy is passport or copy passport (inc electronic) and photo driving licence.

Supermarkets have always taken my driving licence.
Not strange, since 9/11 there have been all kinds of extra security features that have been added to US licenses so they're classed as being as secure as passports. There's a coded strip on the back that can be swiped to give extra information.

Edited at 02:09 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
gallagro
Earning More Ears

Just back from a trip and wasn't carded once over the 14 days in Disney in any of the parks, resorts or Disney Springs. I am 36 and wife is 31 and neither of us were carded. We were in Orlando 4 years ago and carded everywhere we went. Either we look a lot older now or they have relaxed a little bit we also had two small kids with us this time.
gallagro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
Not strange, since 9/11 there have been all kinds of extra security features that have been added to US licenses so they're classed as being as secure as passports. There's a coded strip on the back that can be swiped to give extra information.
So what do US visitors from out of state do for ID.

The poster I was replying to said they had been told "out of state" licences were not valid for ID.

UK licences aren't government backed ID unlike the US counterpart so not that strange that they aren't accepted but to turn down US issued licences just because they are from another state is to my opinion strange
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by vhm672 View Post
So what do US visitors from out of state do for ID.

The poster I was replying to said they had been told "out of state" licences were not valid for ID.

UK licences aren't government backed ID unlike the US counterpart so not that strange that they aren't accepted but to turn down US issued licences just because they are from another state is to my opinion strange
Out of state licenses are valid IDs. Never known one not to be accepted. I'm wondering if they were told "out of States" meaning out of US.

Edited at 04:59 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List