Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Sep 16, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Ahh Libby your plans sound AMAZING .

I'm so excited for you both! Have a wonderful trip & the perfect wedding day, looking forward to seeing your IG posts and reading the report after xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
DrGLF
Trying for More Ears

Just come back to the dibb after a long break to plan my next trip and was so excited to see your wedding pre trip report. It all sounds amazing and the dress is fabulous. Can't wait to see more!
Is your Instagram public? Don't worry if not!

Edited at 09:58 AM. Reason: spelling fail
DrGLF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Your plans are absolutely incredible. And it's soooo close! xx
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Just caught up with latest installment and it's so exciting. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful photos. Have a wonderful time. X
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 16, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
fa$$a
Trying for More Ears

Omg Libby! I'm packing to leave for Sunday but my excitement is for you two guys lol xx 💜
fa$$a is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 16, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Just caught up with your amazing day.. have a most magical time, can't wait for photos.

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 16, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Hi guys, planning to do a proper update over the weekend (we leave next Friday arrghhhh! )) but just wanted to check in and share some more daily plans with you all Feeling so excited and strangely calm after a bit of an emotional week - I think it's just such an overwhelming time! But now I feel like I've come through that and I'm just on the excited train haahh! Okay I'll reply to all your comments tomorrow or Sat, thank you so much for all reading along
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 16, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Day 6 - The morning after the night before!
Ohhhhh trying not to feel upset that our wedding will be over by this point But gonna stay posItive and enjoy the rest of our amazing 3 week trip as we’ll still have 2.5 weeks left! We’re having a VERY relaxed morning obviously haha as I imagine with an open bar we’ll be feeling it...hehe! So our original plan was to get room service at the VGF but it’s $$$$ we can’t really justify haha, I imagine we’ll have leftover food from the wedding day breakfast and hopefully some bubbly or something so we can toast our first morning as a married couple We need to check out at 11, and then we’re going to send our cases to OKW via Disney, and chill by the GF pool for a few hours I imagine a fair few cocktails will be consumed! We’ll get the bus to OKW ourselves about 3pm, hopefully check into our room, and then get the boat over to Disney Springs for some more chilaxxing and almost definitely some more cocktails. Priobably at Dockside Margaritas as we fell in love with it at Christmas We’re then meeting Ben’s Dad and Stepmum for a lovely dinner at Frontera Cocina at 8pm – this was Ben’s choice as he loves Mexican! They have kindly offered to pay for our meal using extra DDP they credits they have which is amazing of them, and means we’ll have more money for all the cocktails we’ll have had haha! I imagine we’ll have a fairly early night then as we’ve got a big day the next day!

Day 7 – Friday 21st October
We’ll be up insanely early today as we’re getting an Uber to Universal for entry at 8am. So the Uber needs to come at like 7 haha! KEEN. So we’ve got a big group of wedding guests coming with us today which is really nice me and Benj have luckily got at least another day at Universal as today we won’t get everything done, but we are certainly going to try as some people only hav e 1 day! So it’s 1 day, 2 parks, opening til close! We’re particualryl excited to show our best man WWOHP as he’s a hugeeeee HP fan When we’ve exhausted all the Universal has to offer/the gates have closed, we’re going to Margaritaville for dinner, YAY! Super excited to eat here! I need to book at the beginning of October (last minute amirite!? What are you doing to me Universal! ) So super excited for this dinner! Menu looks amazing so no idea what I’ll have! Afterwards we have rather optimistically made plans to go to Rising Star because one of our friends used to work at Epcot and looooved going here. So that should be fun! Then we’ll Uber back to Disney!

Day 8 – Saturday 22nd October
Today is our first visit to Animal Kingdom, again with a few of our friends! We’ll arrive not at RP, I think our EE FP is 9.30-10.30 in case we need a little lie in from the night before… We’ve got all the best FP all sorted, and we’re going to leave mid-afternoon in order to get to Fort Wilderness in plenty of time to explore before our 8pm ADR at Hoop De Doo. We’re all super excited for this – we’ve got a table for 9 all booked and paid off, and we’ll get TiW discount back on the night too, yay! We’ve got Category 2, couldn’t get 1 as it was sold out so really hoping we have a good view. If not, I’ll just get involved with the unlimited wine and it won’t bother me! Win win. So yeah, I’d like to have a stroll around FW first and explore the Halloween decs too as we’ve never been there After HDD I imagine we’ll bus it back to our respective hotels and get to bed!

Day 9 – Sunday 23rd October
Hollywood Studios today! We’re rope dropping and again meeting up with a few of our friends We’ll probably leave early afternoon and go back to OKW for pool time if we have time, and if not just to get ready and have a nice drink on the balcony as we’re off to Yachtsman Steakhouse tonight with my parents I’d originally booked Cali Grill but could only get a 5.50 ADR which bugged me. Then I realized I didn’t actually like the sound of much on the menu – like I’d def force it down, but wasn’t enamored with it, especially when we’re paying OOP. I was wishing we’d booked YS as that’s my fave, but I didn’t want my parents to miss out. Then, while logged into my Dad’s MDE, I realised we’d made them an ADR for YS the next night (when we’re on our cruise!) So I figured I could then try and get a YS ADR for Sunday, and get them a CG one for Monday, and we’d be sorted! Perfect plan, except CG ADRs are like hens teeth (as my Mum would say! ) I managed to get us a YS for 4 at 8.15 on Sunday so perrrffeeccct, and then stalked and stalked until I finally got them a CG one for 7pm on Monday. So now I’m a much happier bunny! Just need to cancel the CG on Sunday and get my Dad to cancel YS on Monday, and then we’ll be fine at YS cause it’s in my name, and my Mum will just say the reservation is booked under my name when they go to CG. Perfecto! This is the day my parents are doing KTTK so it’ll be really lovely to hear all about their experience and what they learned we’d also like to show them around the Boardwalk a bit before dinner as they’ve never been, so super looking forward to this too It’ll probably be quite a late night because dinner is fairly late, so we’ll either Uber or bus back to our hotels

Day 10 – Monday 24th October
IT’S CRUISE DAY! So, we’re planning to have a chilled morning around the OKW pool this morning but if our packing takes a while (which it probably will!) we’ll be in the room lol! We’re get the Disney shuttle to the port and I imagine it’ll come around midday. We’ll then get to the port, check in, wait a while, and be announced on board as THE MILLIERS argghhhhh! EEE We plan to just explore the ship this afternoon, grab some food, sign up for a cocktail masterclass, and then go see our room! We’re on the 2nd dining rotation cause we’re adults, innit, so I imagine we’ll have a glass of wine on the balcony while we get ready, and then head down to the show, and then dinner. We’re looking forward to meeting our tablemates, I hope they’re lovely! Oooh we’re so excited for our cruise, it’s unbearable!

Day 11 - October 25th
This is our Nassau day! So lots of people say not to get off the ship but we’re slightly obsessed with a. pirates, b. rum and c. a show called Black Sails that is set on Nassau so we are for sure getting off! We’ve got a rough plan to visit the rum distillery and go to the food shacks on the beach to eat fried conch, and then we’ll probably go back. We aren’t really shoppers so will be avoiding that area, but we’d really love to explore the island a little bit Exciting! We have a day at sea too so we’re lucky in that we have a bit more time on the ship than 3 day cruisers So we’ll go back to the ship after that and probably repeat yesterday’s routine!

Day 12 - October 26th

Our Castaway Cay day!
SO excited for this! We aren’t really beach people but we both think this is what most people spend 2 weeks doing on their honeymoon hahah and we’re super excited for 1 day of just utter relaxation We’ll probably get off the ship quite early and then just enjoy a whole day of…nothing! We’ll probably go straight to the adults beach, and I think Benj wants to do some snorkelling Lunch at the BBQ place, probably a lottttt of cocktails, and then back on the ship once we’ve reached our limit, or when the final boarding time arrives haha! Either or With that being said, this is our Palo night (carefully planned to coincide with Pirates night) so I do want to have a relaxing time in the room getting ready for our posh meal. It’s not til 8, but we also planned for a lovely drink in the pink champagne bar if we haven’t already been (how better to start off a posh evening than with champagne in what looks like the most beautiful bar ever! ? ) ahh this evening will be just perfect, I can’t even wait We’ll hopefully then be out just in time to watch the fireworks!

Day 13 - October 27th
A day at sea! This will be just an amazing opportunity to enjoy the ship and just make sure we’ve seen e very single inch of it We’ll probably spend the morning by the pool, and then we’re hoping to have a cocktail masterclass in the afternoon And then it will be the last show, and our last dinner! Booooo!

Day 14 - October 28th
Debarkation day booooo! We’ll have one last breakfast, or maybe even breakfast in the room as a special treat, before being kicked off the ship nice and early haha! We’ll then get the Disney bus to the BOARDWALK woooooooo for the first of our 7 amazing nights here! We’ll check in and our room prob won’t be ready but well explore the boardwalk and basically just soak up every second of staying here In fact I think we’ll take a little pool bag of stuff so we can go to the pool and chill When we can get into our room we will, and we’ve got some FP for Epcot mid-afternoon. Which we’ll just WALK TO arghhh! Can’t even handle the excitement of being able to walk to 2 parks! We’re then meeting some of our wedding guests for the last night of their holiday for some F&W fun in Epcot It’ll be nice to see them all after 4 nights, and Fridays at F&W have a brilliant atmosphere so super looking forward to this. We’re also planning to go to Jellyrolls afterwards for one last hoorah – again, crazy excited for this cause we’ve never been!

More plans and updates coming up this weekend! xxx
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 16, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Lollll at all the smiley emojis in those daily plans A reflection of my current mood I think!
Old 7 Oct 16, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Oh Libby, the time is flying by now...how exciting. I can feel your excitement.

Enjoy.

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread