Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Feb 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SeasideMM
Earning More Ears

Mobile Magical express return to airport

Our flight home leaves MCO at 1945 and we are flying virgin.
I understand we can check in at Disney Springs and leave our luggage at extra cost.
How have people normally arranged their days? Would you drop luggage off first thing then go to parks? If so where do you get changed to go back to the airport?
Is it worth getting late check out if we can? Really don’t want to be wasting our last day hanging around the hotel. We are staying at AKL if that makes any difference. Thanks
SeasideMM is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. We always have a car but if was staying at the the AKL and using the Disney bus I would be leaving my luggage with bell services there and not doing the Disney Springs check in as it will eat in to your day by a few hours which could be spent in a Park.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If you're getting DME anyway, I wouldn't bother with the DS check in. Just leave your bags with bell services (or phone them to collect from the room) then collect them when you're back at the resort for your pick up. DME will get you to the airport at least 3 hours before the flight so you have plenty of time to do bag drop then, even if it's backed up.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
SeasideMM
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Thanks, that does sound like the most sensible option. Do you have any idea what sort of time the magical express picks up for the return airport journey?
Old 11 Feb 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Four hours before for international flights. You'll receive a packet on your door the night before with the exact pickup time though.
Old 11 Feb 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
SeasideMM
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
If you're getting DME anyway, I wouldn't bother with the DS check in. Just leave your bags with bell services (or phone them to collect from the room) then collect them when you're back at the resort for your pick up. DME will get you to the airport at least 3 hours before the flight so you have plenty of time to do bag drop then, even if it's backed up.
Think we cross posted! Thanks
Old 11 Feb 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SeasideMM
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Would you head to the parks for the few hours left before pick up? Is there time to get there, do some rides and get back? I have no FP booked for that morning which might not have been a sensible plan
Old 11 Feb 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Depends how early you want to start as to how much you'd get done, but realistically you'd have a good few hours as I wouldn't look to head back to the resort until about 2pm (and that's leaving a good buffer to collect cases, freshen up, etc) assuming a 15:45 DME pickup time. Maybe a bit earlier if you're planning lunch at the resort.

I honestly haven't decided what I'm doing on my final day yet. I've got a similar flight time so may head to a park, or just into DS. Will probably depend how much dining credit and gift card balances I have remaining by then.
Old 11 Feb 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SeasideMM
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Depends how early you want to start as to how much you'd get done, but realistically you'd have a good few hours as I wouldn't look to head back to the resort until about 2pm (and that's leaving a good buffer to collect cases, freshen up, etc) assuming a 15:45 DME pickup time. Maybe a bit earlier if you're planning lunch at the resort.

I honestly haven't decided what I'm doing on my final day yet. I've got a similar flight time so may head to a park, or just into DS. Will probably depend how much dining credit and gift card balances I have remaining by then.
Thank you- we may well go to Animal Kingdom as it is the closest to us and then perhaps come back for a swim/shower before heading off. Better go and get some FPs then!
Old 11 Feb 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Our flight back is at 5:00pm, we are going to check out of the Disney hotel when the Virgin Disney springs check in opens, get a taxi over to Disney springs, check in the bags, have lunch in Disney springs and use up any last credits before using the boat to head back to POFQ. The magical express usually picks up 4 hours before the flight, so 1pm in our case, which doesn’t leave us much time for parks without rushing. We are happy this way and don’t want to do the bag drop at the airport when we can get it done with at Disney Springs. We used the Disney Springs check in in 2017 and it was great. We don’t get changed though for the flight.

klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List